Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:30 AM

Will you marry me?

Hey all,

I was watching a "chic flic" earlier and was curious about you all. Some of you here are married, right?

Girls, how did your husband propose to you? Guys, how did you ask your wife to marry you? Those of you who aren't married, how would you like to be proposed to or how would you want to propose?

Me? Well, if everything goes as planned, or dreamed, I'll marry Nick. My fantasy proposal is simple. All I want Nick to do is take me out to a nice dinner, a walk in a park in the moonlight, and a romantic Nick down on one knee with an engagement ring. Yeah, I know, it's like a movie. Hey, I'm a 17 year old, I'm allowed to dream!

But really, how did you all do it? What do you want to happen?

-Tara
MrWhiz
New Member!

15-11-2004, 03:25 AM
I proposed to my wife on a plane we were on the way to Japan i went down on one knee she refused my proposal the first time.

Took me three years to pluck up the courage to ask her again , if she had not have been so heavily involved with other things in her life i think i would have got a YES the first time.

She was young though , she had so many things she wanted to do before she got married , so i cannot hold that against her and never will.

Felt like a right idiot the first time
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Paul proposed to me on the phone at 1am, he was drunk and we'd only been going out together for 3 weeks so I told him to ask me in 6 months and exactly 6 months to the day later he asked me again and we've been married now for 6 years come February, have 2 lovley children and are very happy
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Me and Ian have been together 13 years now, (I cannot remember the actual date... 6th or 7th November)... and have been engaged for 12 years (cannot remember that date either)

Over the years he has proposed sooo many times and i have always said NO, all because I have seen many marriages end... and tried to be poisoned towards men, by my mother... she is just very bitter and twisted.

So with No3 baby due it was me who said about marriage, we have been together this long... so I cannot see anything going wrong now... and we are hoping to get married next year in N. Wales, if all goes well with saving the cash.

Ian is still very shocked, he is expecting something to go wrong or me to change my mind.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:49 AM
I asked my OH to marry me, we had been together for 10 years already, already living together and each time marriage was mentioned, I sort of got off the subject....I think he just took it that I didn't want to get married, so when I gave him a choose a date 10th or 17th September, and only 5 weeks notice, it was a bit of a shock to him..........lol.

We've been married 17 years now
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Hubby and me have been married 17 years too

We lived in America when he proposed and did the whole romantic thing, a lovely, restaurant, flowers, the ring sat in the desert and all the waiters sang love me do (beatles song) it was lovely, I'll never forget it.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Well I got engaged on September 11th 2001 . Kevin and I always knew we would get married but we never planned on getting engaged or anything - just nip to the chapel and get it done .

Well, I was in Glasgow with my MUM that day and we were walking through the Argyll Arcade looking in all the jewlers shops. Then I saw IT - I instantly feel in love with this beautiful ring in the window and so I went in to the shop and put a deposit down on it . I phone Kevin from the train on the way home - he was in work- and I said to him "Now Kevin, you know how we were thinking of getting married, well I've just put a deposit down on a ring", his response "Your joking" :smt102 . I was all very romantic
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Im going to get married in hawaii, but the proposal, i dont mind where it is, as long as it is the right time and we are deeply in love
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:34 AM
can i come gems??? phil and i met at school and when i was 16 he put a note saying will you marry me in my sociology text book and i opened it in a lecture and screamed and everyone clapped!! I was soo embarrassed!!! we got married a few months later and have been married nearly 11 years now
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 01:20 PM
If someone proposed to me, you wouldn't see my heels for dust

My ex-husband proposed on the phone, he was in Germany at the time. There wasn't anything romantic about it either, just told me to go and pick a ring, and we'd get engaged when he got back to the UK.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »