View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
God what an awful experience for you. What a lovely neighbour you have NOT. It is for this reason pricisely that I am moving to my own plot so there are no people. Give me dogs anyday - except for dogsey folk of course!!

I agree with Mahooli just report it so there is a log but you don't want to do any more ........ for now!

Big hugs pet hope you're feeling better soon xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
Take a big deep breath.
Neighbour's daughter sounds like a real horror but as her mother has said it sounds like she is all talk. Her mother sounds a bit more sensible, do you generally get on with her? Maybe she will be able to calm the daughter down.

The woman was probably angry/scared especially if she is not a dog lover, which doesn't in any way excuse her behaviour, yes your dog's got loose but it was an accident and you were trying to get them back under control.

I don't know about telling the police though as the dogs were loose so although she had no right to threaten you and the dogs and behave the way she did, maybe they (police) would come down on her side (I don't know the legalities etc)

Maybe your friend could have been a bit more supportive first before telling you off

Hope your day gets better, I know I haven't given you much in the way of constructive advice but I feel for you as my two would be off like a rocket given the chance.

Take care
Thanx, when I spoke to her mother she was all ready to be just as abusive until she saw how upset I was. We don't really talk much, she is the one reported Maddy for barking when her own dogs bark just as much, if not more. But she's never been nasty or anything.

Her daughter has at least 1 lab that I have seen her with of her own so it's not like she hates dogs....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanx everyone I knew i'd feel better posting on here. x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I`d write down now what happened so you have an accurate info source to look at in the morning.It is amazing what we forget after a nights sleep. I would then look at it in the morning when I had calmed down,then weigh up the pros and cons for each action and make a decision in the cool light of day.

Sending you and your pooches sopme cyber hugs.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Thanx, when I spoke to her mother she was all ready to be just as abusive until she saw how upset I was. We don't really talk much, she is the one reported Maddy for barking when her own dogs bark just as much, if not more. But she's never been nasty or anything.

Her daughter has at least 1 lab that I have seen her with of her own so it's not like she hates dogs....
Oh dear, that puts a bit of a different slant on it then take some time to think as you say and decide with a clear calm head what you should do.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Aww, Random, no wonder you are so upset.

Just one thought which hopefully will be of comfort. If the woman had really been serious about her threat to kill Maddy, she would have had the perfect opportunity just then by running her over. I therefore think the mother may be right & it is just talk.

She may well have been in shock - I know when I nearly hit a cyclist (their fault) I launched a very verbal attack at them - something I'm not normally known for and I think it was that I was in shock.

Not saying that excuses her threats - there was no excuse for those at all.

Hali
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
OMG. Sorry that this has happened, what an evil woman & her poor kids. God knows what they will turn out like with a mother who swears like that in front of them.

Was anyone else around at the time to hear her threaten the dogs, just in case you do go to the police?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Just one thought which hopefully will be of comfort. If the woman had really been serious about her threat to kill Maddy, she would have had the perfect opportunity just then by running her over. I therefore think the mother may be right & it is just talk.
Vey good point.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Sorry that happened kel. hugs.
I would be tempted not to call the police though, your dog was offlead and she felt threatened....thats all it takes Kel, for someone to 'feel threatened' by your dog and the DDA can be waved at you in a flash....then if she says she had a go at her daughter in the past....it could get ugly and drawn out. If it were me, I would be keeping a VERY close eye on my dogs and not letting them in the garden unattended and scanning the garden for anything that had been thrown in, at least for the next couple of days.
Big hugs. x
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
What a horrible situation for you. I am so sorry for you.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >