View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Just wanted to add...not all adult dogs like puppies; some are un-nerved by them i have such a dog myself. She wouldn't attack, but will show her teeth and if they push it, will air snap. This does NOT make her a child mauler!! she is fantastic with kids of all ages

Snoopy, I really hope your pup will be okay, what an awful experience to go through You need to get the puppy around some sound dogs so that he has lots of positive experiences, and hopefully he won't become fearful.

Hugs and Healing Thoughts to him

Jann xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Can't really advise on the insurance/claim issue, but, if I can make a suggestion, as soon as your pup is able, get him out to meet dogs you know are friendly. Don't force any meeting, but let him take his time in realising the other dog isn't going to attack him.

He will probably be very wary (only natural), but try not to over-reassure and try to keep the meeting light hearted and calm. If he thinks you are 'over-trying' it will only serve to make him feel more vulnerable. The sooner he can get some pleasant experiences with other dogs the better.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:46 PM
So sorry to hear baout your Puli puppy-I hope he recovers quickly.

Have been in a similar situation myself when Cherry (my on-lead Kerry Blue terrier) was attacked by an off-lead Rottweiller. The owner was just walking away saying it was my fault because I shouldn't be feeding my dog treats when on the heath (!). Cherry was doing some training and the dog charged her from a distance and then bit a hole out of her side.

I stood and screamed and shouted for someone to get the police and then he accompanied me to our vets nearby and paid the bill but only because I was making such a scene! He told me the dog had not bitten before but I checked with the dog warden later and he was lying -it had bitten other dogs before.

You are probably wasting time talking to the dog warden about it unless it is different in your area as all ours would do was go round and speak to them about their responsibilities (like they were bothered!).
However, if this had happened in a nearby town about thirty miles away the owner would have had a control order put upon his dog whereby he would be ordered to keep it leashed and muzzled when out in public.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2