Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Poor puppy.

I don't really know what to say I got a call yesterday from someone I know, their friend put on fb that she needs someone to take her to the vets and someone to look after her kids, they offered to help, her having the kids, the OH taking puppy and owner to the vets, I got a call as they wanted to know if any charity could help with the vet bills as the owner couldn't afford them, and I asked what happened, apparently their patterdale of around a year old was playing with their Staffie pup whose only around 8/9 weeks old, as she has kids she can't watch the dogs all the time, something happened and now their worried that the pup might now loose a eye , I called them up today, and got more info, apparently the eyes been bad for about a week, and has been bleeding and weeping, the vets have had 'words' with the owner, and want to see the dog everyday, but she's told them she can't today , the dog needs medication, well I was told every hour, and the eye is so blue apparently right now that the true extent of the damage is yet to be seen. The kicker, she's been trying to rehome the Patterdale for a while, and as early as a couple of days after picking up the Staffie was wanting to sell it, but no-one would give her what she paid for it, so she wouldn't let them have it , I just hope that the puppies eye improves soon, and peer pressure makes her give at least one up, as apparently she's getting grief by her friends and neighbours whose seen the dog, and one persons told her that she better be thinking about the dog rather then her wallet, I would keep a eye out at the sanctuary, but apparently she wont just give any dog away, but sigh, why do people do it?
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:13 PM
She is neglecting this puppy and that is against the law. Noone is going to give her money for a pup that want vets bills paying out. She needs to get the RSPCa to take it off her hands or her neighbours will be reporting her and it will get taken off her and she could be prosecuted.

Its a hard life and hard lessons to be learned

Thalice's Mum
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Poor puppies.....

I'm afraid that I'm of the opinion that if you can't afford a puppy, and all the vet bills (expected and unexpected) that come up, then you shouldn't have one...... ever!

chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I just don't think she should have the poor dogs either, and Im hoping that the vets who have their address do something, as right now I don't have a address or even a surname, but this poor pup is probally gonna have a more damaged eye then he would of originally because of the lack of vet attention when he needed it, whether or not the eye can be saved I don't know, whether its gonna be able to be saved while under the care of this owner is a even harder question
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I just don't think she should have the poor dogs either, and Im hoping that the vets who have their address do something, as right now I don't have a address or even a surname, but this poor pup is probally gonna have a more damaged eye then he would of originally because of the lack of vet attention when he needed it, whether or not the eye can be saved I don't know, whether its gonna be able to be saved while under the care of this owner is a even harder question
Sadly, I suspect I already know the answer to this one.....
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Most vets will let you have a payment plan if you cant pay. What is wrong with some people Why cant she ask about that if she hasnt got the money??
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Sadly Vicki I think I know the answer too , and K I don't think some people care enough to ask about things like that, they assume and leave their animal to suffer .
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Because she obviously doesnt see she is doing anything wrong! Obviously she is upset about the situation but people preasuring her will probably make her want to keep it even more. Some kind words of reason to make her see sense might go a long way. Its unfair on the puppy but the owner must see what she id doing wrong.

I expect the presurising is probably idle threats

unfortunately their are people like this in this world