Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by freckles211 View Post
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me or if anyone has encountered this before?

My 13yr old Jack Russell (Freckles) was struggling to move on Thursday, so i took her to the vets. The vet felt that she had either a trapped nerve or a slipped disc, as she is very tense in the neck & when she walks her back legs cross over, she walks like she is drunk.

She is already on Rymadol for her artheritis which she has as & when she needs it, he told me to keep her on that & he would see her Tuesday.

However she is a lot worse today. She is trying to walk but when she does her front legs are now giving out & she is all over the place. I took her back to see them today & the vet felt that she either had a slipped disc as his partner suggested or she has a brain tumour?

As you can imagine i am feeling a sick as a pig & very stressed. He has taken her off Rymadol & she is now on Prednicare (steroids). He looked at the records & said that when she went on Thursday she wasnt showing any neurological signs, where as today she was ie. her front legs.

If feel that she should at least have an X ray done.

If anyone can help i will be very grateful.

Freckles very worried Mum

hi
im sorry to read about your worries , we had the same thing with our lovely collie bessey she was 12yrs ,she started going off her back legs then sadly the front ones ,
i didnt ask for a xray at first (wish i had ) cut long story short . she was on rimidil for what they said ,was arthritus ,i wasnt happy ,i thought now way is that arthrius ,so in the end i insisted they xray her as i was not happy ,and then the slip disk showed up ,dont mess about like i did have her xrayed ,that way you will know what your dealing with ,good luck lots of doggie hugs sent both of you .i know just how you feel ,heart breaking to watch .it may be diffrent with your dog though .xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 08:27 PM
glad to hear she has perked up, hope your ok and not too stressed with it all xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Hope your little one is doing better xxxxxxxxxxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 07:10 AM
We lost our last dog to a brain tumour and your symtoms don't all match what my poor baby had. Yes she wobbled around like she'd had bottle of whisky but she also went blind in her right eye and lost all control of her entire right side. This all came of very quickly as well, like overnight.

I'm glad to hear the streroids are working though, this is a good sign. My fingers and everything else are crossed for you.

((Big Hugs))

Heidi
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2