Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 04:34 PM

no rinse shampoos

has anybody tried these? i bought one 2day as both my dogs smelt but its not been warm enough to give them a bath outside. it worked, they smell nice and clean, dont suppose it gets any dirt off though as there is no rinsing. had to use just about a whole bottle on my long coat gsd though
laurenoioi
New Member!
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:22 PM
We haven't given Ava a bath yet as we've only had her a few weeks and she doesn't smell but I was wondering whether to buy non rinse or normal shampoos. I was considering buying one of these to start with though, does it actually 'wash' the dog though?
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by laurenoioi View Post
We haven't given Ava a bath yet as we've only had her a few weeks and she doesn't smell but I was wondering whether to buy non rinse or normal shampoos. I was considering buying one of these to start with though, does it actually 'wash' the dog though?
it doesn't really get the muck just makes them smell nice, id get normal shampoo
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 07:54 PM
i still think they need to get wet to have the best effect ,with flea shampoo ,they probably be good to use couple times a year .
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 08:30 AM
When I was showing my Cavaliers I used self rinsing shampoos which is what I think you mean. These do remove dirt & smell from the coat & if you use a light coloured towel to towel them off you will see all the dirt is left on the towel. I wouldn't use it all over the dogs just on the whites(legs, tail, chest etc)

You do have to towel the dog almost dry(microfibre towels are brilliant for this)