Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 01:05 PM

I officially 'belong' to Loki!

Whilst walking Loki on the beach last night a lovely springer came over to say hello, I was bent down fussing the springer when Loki came running up pushed the springer out the way and pee'd up my legs at which point the springer ran off obviously getting the message loud and clear!
I remember someone on here (dont remember who am awful with names sorry!) posting asking why their dog pee'd on them and feeling very bad for them as I could imagine it was rather unpleasent and embarrasing, now I know first hand it is! It was fairly clear why Loki pee'd on me he was telling the other dog I was his territory, what worries me is that the fact it worked and the other dog ran off and whether this will encourage him to do it again?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh my gosh

I dont know what to advise as luckily I have a bitch, who so far, hasn't done too much to show me up

Hope someone has an answer though!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 02:25 PM
OMG how embarrassing

You`ll be giggling about it soon
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh heck
I knew there was a reason why I had bitches
nice that someone loves you eh?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I aint part of my dogs territory he is part of mine, I don't have to pee on him to prove it either.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Oh my gosh

I dont know what to advise as luckily I have a bitch, who so far, hasn't done too much to show me up

Hope someone has an answer though!
Was shocked at Loki doing it last night not something he's ever done before and we see and I fuss lots of dogs on our walks!

Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
OMG how embarrassing

You`ll be giggling about it soon
After I got over the initial shock I was last night!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh heck
I knew there was a reason why I had bitches
nice that someone loves you eh?
Im not really into golden showers though! Little s*d I told him 'no' quite sternly when I realised what he was doing, so hope he wont do it again but with it raining already have to admit I didnt realise what he was doing initially!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Takara is exactly the same! Although she doesn't pee on me

If I'm fussing another dog, even Eddy, she dashes up, jumps on top of them - maybe mouthing their head, and puts her face into mine!

Thankfully though it doesn't put the other dog off and she just wanders off looking very disgruntled.

I'd advise just to ignore him when he does it, just turn around and walk away from him.
I tend to tell Takara to sit and wait until I'm done, then when I've fussed the other dog, she gets a fuss.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 03:54 PM
You see, my boy isn't at all territorial really, he's not protective or posessive but my bitch she's all of the above and she doesn't do things by halves!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Takara is exactly the same! Although she doesn't pee on me

If I'm fussing another dog, even Eddy, she dashes up, jumps on top of them - maybe mouthing their head, and puts her face into mine!

Thankfully though it doesn't put the other dog off and she just wanders off looking very disgruntled.

I'd advise just to ignore him when he does it, just turn around and walk away from him.
I tend to tell Takara to sit and wait until I'm done, then when I've fussed the other dog, she gets a fuss.
That is pretty much what I did, said no and walked away! Im really hoping it doesnt happen again!! He's never been too bad with me fussing other dogs before although he does get jealous if me and OH have a hug!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I was on a beach last Summer with my bro and his dogs and his Deerhound cross went up to a sleeping man and peed on him. The lady who was with him was not too impressed We kept straight faces till we were out of sight....I wonder why they suddenly do it? Not fun to have a deerhound cross watering you in your sleep!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >