Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Appeal to all Boxer owners...

Azz hope this is allowed.................

Concerning JKD..................

From Bruce Cattanach to put out an appeal to UK Boxer breeders/owners. This concerns the current research to find the gene for juvenile kidney disease, JKD or JRD. I am seeking kidneys from dogs that will have to be put down shortly for other reasons (accidents, cancer, ARVC etc). These would be to serve for comparison at the molecular level with JKD affected kidneys. The dogs, by pedigree, should be as distant as possible from sources of JKD, and preferably should not be in their declining years. Because the kidneys are for molecular work rather than standard pathology, procedures have to be done almost immediately post mortem, and this means advance organization. I know this is a horrendous ask and may be difficult to achieve, but normal kidneys are needed as essential controls for the JKD research. We have kidneys from one normal Boxer already, but studies using a single control could give misleading results. If anyone can help, please email me (bcattanach@steynmere.freeserve.co.uk). Brief summaries of the UK situation can be found on my website (steynmere.co.uk), but please note, NOT the relic (steynmere.com).
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Can't say they aren't trying. As I past Boxer owner I would have helped but not possible now. I wish Bruce all the best with the research
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Can't say they aren't trying. As I past Boxer owner I would have helped but not possible now. I wish Bruce all the best with the research
Me too, its a big ask for any one to donate, at such a sad time, but without the help , they will never move forward.

Fingers crossed the research has a good ending.
Sashatheboxer
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Wishing this guy success in the near future, anything that can save our beloved breed is more than welcome in my home.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2013, 09:57 PM
If Katie was to have to be put to sleep for any reason,i would be very happy to allow Bruce to have her kidneys.We all have got to help in any way that we can if we want to understand this terible disease better.I dont know how the logistics would work with getting them from Spain back to the uk but if at all possible i would be very pleased to help.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Good luck to Bruce and his team - wish more people in more breeds were doing similar.