View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:08 PM

Update on Reah Not good (Updated - The Verdict @ post #73)

Went to vets around 4 to pick Reah up, we have looked at the NEW set of X-rays compared with the OLD set taken March. The verdict......... to see the Orthopedic Surgeon, waiting for appointment to come now.

The bone leading from the shoulder DOWN to the eldow has sheared off, neither bone are connected in the elbow joint, which has splittered into several pieces with wear and tear,(so disappeared) so they are free moving at the moment. The bone leading FROM the foot to the elbow had shunted out passed the one coming down from the shoulder and that is what the huge swelling is....bone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:15 PM
OMG Steph, what does this mean then??? Oh my heart goes out to you, as if she hasn't been through enough Can they pin it and plaster it or something and hope that it might heal together or something? What did the vet say might be the answer or didn't he? Oh I'm so very sorry to read this
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
So sorry to hear this Stephanie. Hope they are able to do something to sort it. Let us know when you have any news. Bless her heart. Will all be hoping for a good result for you. xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
OMG how worrying for you, i hope they can do something for her.

Thinking of you and sending big {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} to both of you
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Is she going to be able to keep her leg?? Sounds awful! Best of luck!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
OMG Steph, what does this mean then??? Oh my heart goes out to you, as if she hasn't been through enough Can they pin it and plaster it or something and hope that it might heal together or something? What did the vet say might be the answer or didn't he? Oh I'm so very sorry to read this
Well if Malcolm Magee can not perform some miracle....it will mean the end of the road.

Her good leg is not up to taking the weight that was why the bad leg was left in place and not removed.

When Reah came into our vets (which I can not name and shame) two vets immediately went in and tried to wire the elbow...not looking at what a mess the shoulder was in....then the owner called a halt, due to lack of money, IMO they should of talked him into signing her over THEN as he spent weeks messing about....first saying he'd got the money, then he hadn't, then he was making a decision then he wasn't it was from the JUNE to the SEPTEMBER before I got him to sign her over to me. The Pelvis was in a mess, but worst the shoulder and elbow joint of the front leg had fused together on it's own and left it all out of line. Now eight years down the road, it had finally given way........Whether Malcolm can still thread a rod from the shoulder right down through the leg to the ankle I don't know, as it will depend on whether the bones are strong enough not to give way and splinter as he will have to drill all the way down.

Thats if he is still prepared to do it....he may say no.

I will know more when we visit him.

Please keep your fingers xxxxxxxxxxxx that the angels are with her on her side to give her a longer life
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm so sorry hun. We will be keeping everything crossed for you that something can be done. You know where we are if you need us. xxxxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 06:46 PM
steph
im so sorry to read this about ,lovely reah .she dosnt deserve it ,she must be in pain . poor baby ,i really hope he can help her , she is lovely .( i hope like you say the angels are there for reah ) she come such long way , fingers crossed for her steph ,keep us all updated .hug to you all ,you must be worried and very very sad ,ill bet .
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Not what you wanted to hear hun , I am so sorry.

The ortho surgeon knows her and will do everything he can I am sure. I will be praying for your brave girl and hope the news gets better. PM me at anytime if you need a chat xxxxxxx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi stephanie - i've got everything crossed (even tied knots in dogs tail, lol) that something can be done. Loads of hugs and slobby leo licks sent your way and also to Reah. Good luck and awaiting updates.

Linda
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »