Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
s.fair
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2017, 08:28 PM

Fearful Pup

My husband and I recently got a blue heeler/border collie mix. She's about 10 weeks old now. We are working on potty training and she's doing pretty well. When my husband or I is home alone with her she becomes very fearful when we go outside and we have a hard time getting her to be playful, and go to the bathroom. We don't seem to experience this issue when both of us are home and can take her out together. Any insight as to why this issue exists or solutions to the problem?
billyharvey
New Member!
Male 

17-03-2017, 05:35 AM
I don't have any experience about a fearful puppy,but i think for me just let your puppy enjoy to be with you at home,maybe she's comfortable at home only,or give her a time to have a bonding outside together with your partner.
bongo's_handler
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2017, 03:16 PM
If she's high energy, take her to the dog park so she can romp and play with the other dogs. They will show her it's okay to be outside and have fun, and she will gradually get better. They will also help her with being able to go potty outside. Look into daycares and make sure she's getting some good play time at least two times a week, so when you take her outside she's excited to go somewhere and play. Hope this helps!
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-03-2017, 09:10 PM
If she is fearful a dog park may not be the place to be. A 10 week old dog can be taken to the park and let off leash to be at it's own pace, especially if it is fearful this will keep it near
perriejinnie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2017, 06:59 AM
I never knew a puppy to be fearful. I think you should let it be until it gets the maturity by itself. Some suggestions I would like to give you. Talk to your puppy in low voice. It will help her calm down.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Some puppies are just born afraid, not because of mistreatment. Some were mistreated, but this can be real problem