View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:17 AM

Do you let your dog lick your mouth and why do they do it ??

Ive always encouraged my Jack Russell to be a "kisser" if she licked my mouth when she was a tiny pup I said "Minnie kisses"-ever since then she will oblige if I ask herFor me it encourages her to be gentle around my mouth.I read somewhere that if a dog wants to lick your mouth its a sign of submission. It cant be looking for food because Minnie does it first thing in the morning- bad breathe maybe ? blahhhhh.. also when shes tired just before she settles down for a snooze she will spend quite a few minutes licking- until I say" enough"-like when my lips are getting sore:smt002
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Yuck......no way would I let my dogs lick my mouth or our childrens
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

No no no no no no no!!!!!

I love my dog with ALL my heart but i cannot do the licking the face thing, not only does he lick HIS bits he licks the cats bits aswell.

Diesel licks EVERTHING!!!!!! Faces are not permitted!!

Jules
xxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Star does not lick very often when she gives kisses we taught her just to nudge your mouth with hers thats as far as it goes.

Finn on the other hand is constantly licking us and trying to get our faces. Spend a minute with Finn and you have to get a towel to dry yourself. It can be too much at times.

I think I prefer not to be licked on the face, especially by Finn he loves to eat unpleasant things.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Zuki has learnt Kisses also and when treating her I sometimes ask for a kiss
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:24 AM
No I don't! I used to say 'kisses' and Poppy would instantly lick the tip of my nose (just one lick) but I didn't encourage licking on the mouth as I knew where their little tongues had been and that was enough! Each to their own though, maybe its me
frizzy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Daisy will rub noses with me,but i would'nt encourage her licking my face or my childrens-she does like to clean out ears tho'
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:41 AM
no way here as well.............one min in the garden licking bum then kiss me ..na fanks LOL
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:44 AM
no no no no yuk.
Mo licks and Saturn is a flattie so he has to lick!!! But I don't like faces...particulalry mouths.
These tongues have been up others dogs bottoms and genitals...they've licked poo and constantly lick wee...no thanks to them then getting anywhere near my mouth...eughhhhhhhhhh.
That's just me though.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I've seen where my dogs mouth has been, and I sure don't want it near my face! :smt016

Plus I don't want to encourage bad habits of licking hands or anything for when I have visitors round, or when we go visiting either.
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »