Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Ouch **$$**

Its still raining here, my sink is blocked and I've got 101 things to do but they all necessitate me being outside in the rain.

Well, I'm a big girl, I can take a bit of rain, I'm not going to let it stop me I can tell you.

Firstly I poured Mr Muscle down my sink, making sure there was plenty of ventilation and that the dogs couldn't reach the drain outside (you have to think of everything with this lot )

Then I found my working gloves (just in case of creepy crawlies ) and proceeded to cobble the fence panels back together, they've only been up two weeks so I'm sick about that, but it could have been worse. That took me about an hour as they were flapping at me as fast as I was trying to put them up, that combined with cars speeding past, splashing me with rain and puddles, even though I'm a good 20' away from the road, I looked like I'd been swimming in my clothes again

Next thing is to move these slabs again, I literally got them out of the car and propped them up the wall, trouble is they need to be in the back garden and they are soooo heavy. I get two in the wheelbarrow, balanced somewhat precariously, then come to a sudden halt. Oh bu@@er, remember the gate this lot broke through last week, well I'd barricaded it to stop their little game, now I have to unbarricade it to get through as I know the wheelbarrow won't go through the house and over the babydan.

Suprise!!, hundreds of little faces greet me the other side, well ok, there were 5 of them but they were bouncing about so I lost count "Get back" I told them, but as usual they take no notice, Bradley tries to climb over the wheelbarrow and me to get into the front garden, I raised my voice at him this time and he just looked at me in disgust, "how dare you speak to me like that" I could inagine him saying. I suppose it was a bit of panic, the slabs wouldn't fit right in the wheelbarrow (they are 2'x2') and I didn't want them toppling onto my feet or anyones little paws so I really didn't need any help.

"Indoors", I commanded, again the usual response was just ignore her and she'll give up. I told them again and opened the doors for them to go in, shut the doors but they were straight back out again as they had destroyed the dog flap last night so theres no restraining them at the moment. I gave up telling them off, I let them into the big garden even though it's ankle deep in places, I proceeded to lay 6 of the slaps which darn near killed me, apart from the weight of them I was slipping and sliding on the mud, the rain was falling quite heavy so I had my hair in my eyes too, but I wasn't giving up.

I went round the front and put another two slabs into the wheelbarrow, as I put the second one in it started to go over, just as Ebony decided to have a sniff round it, I screamed at the top of my voice and literally dropped the second slab into the barrow to steady it, unaware for a split second that my three middle fingers on my right hand were still under the slab, I screamed even louder and nearly cried, it hurt so much, more than when I broke my foot. I was convinced I had chopped the tops off those fingers but was frightened to look. (I forgot to say that I had changed into my Marigolds just beforehand as my working gloves were soaking wet and had gone all soggy so it made the slabs harder to grip).

As I screamed the dogs all came running over, all I wanted to do was go inside and run my fingers under the warm tap but I couldn't leave the wheelbarrow as it was, I also had to replace the barricade, oooooh why do I start these things?

I decided, even though my fingers were killing me to take the slabs through to the garden, I couldn't move the wheelbarrow as it hurt too much so had to lift them out one by one and shimmy then into the garden, about 60' away, using my left hand and the palm of my right hand. I then laid them, dragged the barricade back over to the gate leading to the front, came indoors and gingerly peeled my Marigolds off.

There is no blood, although the finger tips are numb but they aren't black or swollen, just feel on fire as I'm typing. I suspect they just got a bit squashed by the slabs.

I need to get the others laid but think I should leave it for today, I shall go for a hot bath shortly and then start on the new divider in the doggies room, the babydan is no match for some of them and I woke up this morning to find that someone had been over, into the bathroom and stolen the toilet roll again, how did I know? they had lovingly draped it all around the lounge as I slept

Its not all doom and gloom, the sink works again now
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Oooh Scorpio what a day you've had. There's one thing you can say, your live never appears dull!

Get youself in a nice bath and relax for the rest of the day - it'll all be so much better to do when its not raining.

Just wish I was nearer so I could have given you a hand
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Ouch that sounds so painful Sheree.
I know what you mean about those slabs being heavy, I had to help the OH move some a couple of years ago!!!

But how kind of someone to decorate the lounge for you while you slept I expect they read the calender wrong & thought it was your birthday
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Oooh Scorpio what a day you've had. There's one thing you can say, your live never appears dull!

Get youself in a nice bath and relax for the rest of the day - it'll all be so much better to do when its not raining.

Just wish I was nearer so I could have given you a hand

Thanks Hali, its my own fault, I should wait until I can afford to have someone in to do things but I feel I should be trying at least. I'm off for my bath now, a nice hot one with lots of bubbles
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Oooo ouch, Nah you have to give these things a go then it justifies why you pay someone to do it lol!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Nicky1979 View Post
Ouch that sounds so painful Sheree.
I know what you mean about those slabs being heavy, I had to help the OH move some a couple of years ago!!!

But how kind of someone to decorate the lounge for you while you slept I expect they read the calender wrong & thought it was your birthday

Thanks Nicky, I'm quite stong its just that they are really slippy aswell because of the rain, my fingers are still numb but tingly, if that makes sense. A nice hot soak will put them right, I'm sure. If not I can always open that bottle of wine thats still in the fridge

I suspect it was Tawny that come over in the night, I already have Bailey, Tyler, Remy, Leon and Alfie sleeping in the lounge with me, and the other 7 in the kitchen/diner just the other side of the door, for some reason she leaps over, has a rummage around, sometimes has a snuggle with them or gets on the sofa with me, then disappears. I think the toilet roll is her calling card , I suppose it could be worse
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Oooo ouch, Nah you have to give these things a go then it justifies why you pay someone to do it lol!
Becky
Thanks Becky, I think you're right there
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 02:38 PM
just another day in paradise then sheree xxdk
ps i hope your not to badly injured xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 04:28 PM
....and to think I've been snoozing away on the sofa this afternoon, and felt quite peeved that I'd decided to cook dinner instead of phoning for a takeaway.....

You have positively put me to shame, Sheree

Hope the fingers recover and it's nothing more than bruising

xox
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh my goodness, I need a lie down after reading all that, just like Vicki I've been a bit put out at having to do a bit hoovering this afternoon, you have put me to shame

Poor you though, I hope those fingers are Ok, and as for the bunch of escape artists....well what a bunch of tinkers they are.... I think they know their Mum is far too soft on them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >