Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 02:25 PM

Webcam help please

Ok, I have a Microsoft Lifecam VX6000, it came with XP drivers no Vista.

Plugged it into new computer with Vista, Microsoft pointed me to the website for the drivers, down loaded the file 117MB and I'm getting the following error:

An unexpected error is preventing the operation. make a note of the error code which might be useful if you get additional help to reslove this problem:

Error 0x800704C8 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user mapped section open.

Any suggestions please other than throwing it out of the window, and what is a 'user mapped section???'

Thanks
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2008, 02:28 PM
E-mail Microsoft quoting the error code, they'll give you the info and help resolve the problem.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Try this link Sharon it might be the same driver but it might work.

Your not the only one with this problem the same error code comes up with file transfer as well

Just done a little checking on this and it is one of the certifired webcams for Vista with drivers for both 32 and 64 bit vista
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Marie, that's the same one that I tried earlier, not to worry, this computer has a built in camera, but just wanted one that I could put on Bella's whelping box in a few weeks time.

If I can't get it to work, I'll try and find another webcam for Vista
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Try and install the webcam into another folder on c:.

Make another folder in your program files called webcam and install into that and not the default one that it comes up with when you install.
I have the idea that the folder that your trying to install to is already being used and will not let you change the folder so a new one will have to be made that is why your getting "'user mapped section???'" when trying to install.