Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbygrimaldi
New Member!
Female 

27-02-2007, 03:37 AM

Giardia

It is me again... remember my Sasha, she had a yellow discharge, I took her to the vet and got her a complete exam and found she had juvenile vaginitis. NOW, her stool sample came back and she has Giardia ... I have read up on it, but has any one heard of this before? ... is it something that I should worry about? I did see she was having really soft stool, but I thought it was just the food. Please let me know what you know.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Hope shes feeling better soon.
Kisses and hugs from us all here.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Giardia is fairly simple to treat, you just use a specific worming tablet (sorry can't remember which one sure your vet will advise). It is massively contagious though so if you have more than one dog treat them all...or any dogs your dog may have come into close contact with. It can make their stolls soft wtc, it's some sort of organism rather than worm. One of mine was suspected of having it but didn't. Try not to worry it is easily treated, but as I say massively contagious!!!! I think it may also be a zoonose but you should check that with your vet too.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't panic it's not life threatening and can be treated with a long course of Panacur.
If you have cats in the same household make sure you treat them too.
Fingers crossed it doesn't take long to clear up.