View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2004, 04:26 AM
Bon, that must be soooo hard! I know you can do it though. If you ever need to talk email me anytime! Maybe a stiff drink can take the edge off

Bon
Almost a Veteran

19-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Barbara I laughed so much when I saw all the smiley faces, thank you. Yup I need a stiff one all right, but I don't think its a drink.
Sammy
Dogsey Junior

19-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Why did I chose my breed? (which one? LOL!)

Working ability Here is one of my Malinois at 9 mths old...

My bitch at 14 weeks..

One of my ABs at 12 weeks..

Bon
Almost a Veteran

19-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi Sammy, I saw a picture of you on Donovan's board and you were all suited up and a large dog was hanging off your upper body with his teeth, LOL. I think what you are doing is great, takes a lot of courage (In my Opinion).

Great pictures.
Sammy
Dogsey Junior

19-05-2004, 02:07 PM
LMAO Bon.. this one??

Yep, I am the other decoy at our club.. the suit work is pretty new to me as we only had one suit (Bills) which was like 3000 times to big for me, so I normally did the sleeve work, but with us doing so much PSA work now, I had to go and get my own.

Courage? hmm.. stupidity? LOL

Anyone who ever tells you they are not scared of getting bitten are liars! When that dog guards he just right up in my face.. and yes.. I sh!t a small brick when he does! But after that it all happens SO fast, you really don't have time to think, nor feel. Only afterwards when you take the suit off and look at your arms are you like "oh my gawd!!"

I think you certainly have to be missing a couple of vital brain cells to do it..
Sammy
Dogsey Junior

19-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Oh.. and to tell you what was happening in the pic.. LOL (to explain the looks on the faces..)

We were teaching the guard and the out (this dog is a SchH2, and the suit work is very different) he guarded nice, took the bite.. didn't want to out. Bill had the prong on the dog, with the leash going inbetween my legs , unknown to him, he has me backed up against the tree!!! So he is yelling "OOOUUUUTTTTTTTTT" and popping on the prong.. at the same time slamming me into the tree with every pop (via leash inbetween legs) whilst the dog is yanking SO hard on the suit he is about pulling me over forwards!!! The whole time he kept letting go with each prong pop, then re-gripping (little SOB) made a real mess of my arm (shoulder).

He is a snot! Took me about 20 minutes to recover from that one LOL! AND it was 87 degrees with 100% humidity... what was I saying about needing to be missing a few vital brain cells?
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2004, 02:52 PM
LMAO Bon! Go to a bar, guys are a dime a dozen

Sammy, awesome pictures. Talk about impressive! I think what you do is cool I read on DK9 about a calendar of women decoys. LOL! You could definitely be the cover Nice to see you here Did you put your mals in the breed section? I don't think anyone has any here.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

19-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Yup, that would be the picture. Wow, now that I know what is going on behind the scenes, I would have been scared sh*tless. Not that I would not have been scared in the first place LOL. Too close for comfort for me. Though I have never been in a suit I can imagine the energy one would have to extend just by moving let alone heat and humidy. I don't know if its courage or stupidy but my hat goes off to you...go girl. Keep up the good work. :smt023
Bon
Almost a Veteran

19-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Barbara don't I know it. I must tell you about the twins sometime LOL.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Wholy cow Sammy

You've got guts! Respect from here!

Beautiful dogs you have.

Bon: Zoi is gorgeous and big! I like the picture of her and Mike in the snow.

Jeanette
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >