Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 04:46 AM

Good morning everyone - Saturday!

Morning all,

Baz has beetled off to work and I am off out shortly to Polhill Garden Centre. They have a farm shop there and the most wonderful butchery.

I only ever buy meat there – Tesco just cannot complete on quality.

I think I’ll cook pork chop and chilli potatoes for dinner tonight – we’ve not had that in quite a while, and it used to be a regular, firm favourite. I can only hope it’s as nice as I remember it to be.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
My fitness coach told me to bend down and touch my toes. I said “I don’t have that kind of relationship with my feet – can I just wave?”
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all who follow. Having managed six hours unbroken sleep I am feeling like a million dollars - anyone got a million dollars they can let me have please?!

It is all "her" fault of course, because if she could have waited a bit longer I could possibly still be fast azonk, but when a girl's gotta go, a girl's gotta go so she jumped up and down on me and squeaked until I gave up.

So far this morning the heat has not yet hit but I am not holding my breath waiting - the remote for the air con is close to hand!

Enjoy your day everyone and I hope the sun shines for you all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Morning Vicki, grandma and everyone

Mmmmm, pork chops, my favourite especially from a farm shop, they taste like a pork chop oughta taste don't they Vicki, so enjoy yours tonight. So glad to hear you had a whole 6 hours sleep grandma, that'll do you the world of good. I don't know what's worse, you're complaining of the heat which I don't like either, but then what's worse, we're having rain like we've never had before and I think the West Country this morning is in big trouble. I want to know why that jet stream has sunk lower this summer, must be a reason mustn't there I hope our Jen is safe along with all the others down there in the West.

Got the day all planned here, I'm off to the van to do the change-over whilst Dave slaps on the finishing coat of plaster on that doorway, then it'll be up to me this week to make it look like it's been like that forever (big ask!). He's also going to make an inspection hole underneath in the garage to see what's going on with those big joists, because ever since the surveyor put two big accro's underneath, the lounge floor is brilliant, no more sinking and sloping in the middle. Oh dear, I feel this could be an expensive job if Dave is right, coz he seems to think they've rotted in the hangers in that corner. The problem being, they should never have put this huge sandstone fireplace up one end, the span is too big to take the weight apparently, but it's stood there for 20 years so I doubt it'll go through just yet!

All is well with us, Zena is back to full health, but for how long who knows, but this new Arden Grange suits her tum so we'll stick with it.

Enjoy the week-end everyone and hope you haven't got that horrendous weather. I'm feeling almost guilty that everyday I'm waking up to sunshine here.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 06:19 AM
Good morning Vicki, Malka, Helena and the others who will no doubt visit.

I still can't breathe this morning, but I'm determined we are going out. Town for breakfast me thinks then a very, very, very slow walk if this breathlessness is anything to go by. The sun is out and the sky is a lovely shade of blue so I'm determined we're not going to waste it - cold or no cold - especially after the last couple of days of being holed up and do nowt but sleep!

Apparently our old Marks and Sparks is going to be a Poundland. I quite like Poundlands, but we have so many tat shops in town and very little of anything else, it is a bit disappointing.

Well, need a couple of cups of coffee before I try that venture out so will love ya and leave ya.

Have a good 'un all whatever you're up to
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy your meal Vicki, sounds lovely. Shame we don't have something ike your butcher nearby. Plenty of garden centres. The two we have in reasonabe distance are certainly not reasonably priced. I know you have to pay a bit more but their prices are really steep.

Glad you had a good sleep Malka. Hope the worry over the joists isn't as worrrying as you are thinking Helena.

We had some sort of good news last night. Gorden has a phone interview Wednesday for ajob which pays really well and the sort of stuff he use to do when he was an Associate Tutor for Oxfod Brookes. Not so good news is it is in Kazakhstan. It is through Capita and if he can get work with them there may well be more where that came from mostly International but they are short contracts. But you can earn well. He is applying for another two jobs one in Warrington permanent full time and one in Leeds one year contract both the job he use to do in Lewisham. We would move for both and could be mortgage free.
If none of those work out the schooll locally he is doing one day a week for wanted him for two days a week after the summer holidays and then yesterday said they have a years work for 3 days a week so that would replace the music job he was covering for so September isn't looking so bleak now. We can relax a little again. Phew.

at todays gem. I can relate to that. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Dogs are walked and my mums shopping done, just got to deliver it later.
I'm feeling really tired today and headachey, hopefully it will pass.
I am trying to sort out when I can get over to visit my sons this weekend too, unfortunatly they are in the oppisite direction to my mum, and one of my sons is at work till 1.30 this afternoon, and I have to be here to take Charly somewhere at 5pm, and tomorrow I am looking after my neighbours dogs. I just hate feeling pressure to have to rush here and there, but it is one of my sons birthdays next weekend and he will be away then. I can't go over during the wek as they are at work in the day and I am at work in the evenings.
Good luck to Gordon Lynn. I have a week off in August so I must come for a visit and see you and meet Dillon before you go moving away.
Hope things are not as bad as you fear H and glad Zena is keeping well.
Take care everyone and love the gem Vicki, it did make me laugh.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Morning everyone,

Hope everyone has a nice day, I'm planning on taking Davie swimming, then we are going to Nigg to see the cave there, he wants to see a real cave so taking him there to see it.

Other than that, this evening I'm relaxing and not doing a lot
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Good morning everyone

I have been working away all week so enjoyed a wee long lie this morning with the OH and now we are off up to Glencoe for a hike with the dogs.

Have a nice day xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-07-2012, 10:10 AM
'morning Vicki and all above

That little 'gem' made me laugh too

Another big thunder and lightening storm last night so Baruska was in the bedroom shaking like a leaf, I do feel sorry for her but she isn't the sort of dog you can really comfort, she doesn't like being hugged and stroked.

Best wishes all of you out there