View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Sorry to hear you are run down Wolfie, if you can find a pick me up let me know, i could do with it
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles Wolfie
I'm sure things will get better soon
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

09-08-2005, 03:18 PM
As well as detox you could try supps such as high dose vitC, echinacea & spirulina, they really do help the immune system. Along with fresh fruit n veg & if possible buy organic
But its not a miracle & it may be a while till you see results but worth it for the long run. Hope you feel better soon tho
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
After all the emotional stress I've gone through over the last year, I'm now very run down My face has grown itself another mouth (cold sore) and I've got mouth ulcers too I'm also extremely tired. No matter how much sleep I have, I still feel like I've had none at all and by 9pm, I'm exhausted.

I've started to take Vitamin B Complex (thanks Sal) Anyone have any other idea's on how to get myself 'picked up'

Sorry you are feeling awful Wolfie, sounds like you are a bit depressed, that makes you very tired all the time. Could you not go to your doctor and tell her what you feel like, she might be able to suggest something to help you There is a wine (as I know you like wine ) called Sanatogen tonic wine which is meant to pick you up a bit, although I don't know if it works, think you can get it from ordinary supermarkets.
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
awww wolfie, i hope you feel your old self again soon, great big hugs to you and everyone else feeling down xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
After all the emotional stress I've gone through over the last year, I'm now very run down My face has grown itself another mouth (cold sore) and I've got mouth ulcers too I'm also extremely tired. No matter how much sleep I have, I still feel like I've had none at all and by 9pm, I'm exhausted.

I've started to take Vitamin B Complex (thanks Sal) Anyone have any other idea's on how to get myself 'picked up'
you need a holiday

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi Wolfie, sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather

Been wondering where you've been.

Plan nothing if you can, try and take time out for yourself - holidays can be more stress than what they are worth, perhaps a good book, try Azz's detox, go for walks, get a bit of exercise to burn away some of the stress.

And perhaps get yourself to a health spa for a massage and some tlc.

Hope it all works out Wolfie.
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Hope you feel better soon Wolfie. Like lots of folk have said, Vit C, lots of fruit veggies and good protein food. Zinc is good for healing and when your immune system's taken a bashing that drops....you can get supplements.
Be kind to yourself and things will get better.

Take care
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone, I'll give some of your suggestions a go.

We've got a holiday booked, but it's not until November. So I'm gonna have to be patient.

You'd think I'd have nothing to complain about. I've got a great man, a lovely home, loads of land for my doglets to run round in, my life seems idillic, but, there's days I could sit and bawl my eyes out, and invariably do, and for no apparent reason either Having the life I have has come at a huge cost which isn't helping matters Guess it was just a matter of time when it was all gonna catch up with me, you can only be strong for so long.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Wolfie, sorry you're so down. There are pastilles you can get at any chemist for mouth ulcers, Boots do their own brand and they're just called sore mouth pastilles. Work really well, zovirax for the cold sore, long hot soak in the bath with any bath bomb from the chain of shops called 'Lush' generally helps to pick me up a bit.

Hope you feel better soon.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >