Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 05:00 PM

The incident!!

Nigredo seemed ansty, like he wanted to play. Bad, bad rain today AGAIN!!! Went to his crate, grabbed his bear out of his crate... handed it to him, sat back down.

He went upstairs running super happy to have his toy. Not an issue, does it all the time. Moment later, CRASH!! And this is what I found...

All of my grandmothers memorabilia on the floor, the globe shattered, the plant toppled, the entire stand knocked crooked, the painted elephant had been knocked behind the stand, the watering can was turned over, and the photo was down too.

First thing I did? Checked my doggy! I was worried maybe the globe crashed over his head or something, and he doesn't yelp EVER so no way to know if it had. Thankfully he was dry and unharmed.

YES, you did it... now get away from the glass before you cut a puppy paw!!

All because he got his silly bear.

This gross, horrid thing. Been meaning to discard it... will be doing so now!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh dear. I love the way he is looking at it creeping forward like 'what the hell happened there?!'
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 06:11 PM
P.s. love Grandma's picture! Is she wearing a uniform ?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
P.s. love Grandma's picture! Is she wearing a uniform ?
Yes, she was wearing a uniform.

She was a founder of some women's club here in Atlanta that was held in high regard by lots of old people. Can't recall it's name right ATM.

She was one of those ritzy types, always loved having her photo taken, always wearing some form of uniform. She died in 2009, and we set that thingy up with her pictures and stuff in her memory.

Our house is what I call a "perma mess" as we are nearly hoarders and just can't seem to keep a clean house, but we always keep the junk and garbage off that thing somehow.

Nigredo did a great job of desecrating her memory spot. No I'm JK. He's not even 7 months yet, all a big accident. He did creep towards the mess, like "Did I do that??"
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Yes, she was wearing a uniform.

She was a founder of some women's club here in Atlanta that was held in high regard by lots of old people. Can't recall it's name right ATM.

She was one of those ritzy types, always loved having her photo taken, always wearing some form of uniform. She died in 2009, and we set that thingy up with her pictures and stuff in her memory.

Our house is what I call a "perma mess" as we are nearly hoarders and just can't seem to keep a clean house, but we always keep the junk and garbage off that thing somehow.

Nigredo did a great job of desecrating her memory spot. No I'm JK. He's not even 7 months yet, all a big accident. He did creep towards the mess, like "Did I do that??"
Well I struggle to keep our house tidy and am in admiration of my grandmothers who kept their houses clean like a new pin before labour saving machines.....but then I suppose they didn't get to spend so much time doing fun things with their children as I get to do with mine.......during the times I'm not fighting the tide of clutter and dust! Today we walked the dogs, watched a film, made smoothie ice pops, played in the paddling pool and watered the garden, painted pictures and ourselves and much more! So now they're in bed and there's still piles of laundry to go away on top of Remus' crate and a load still on the line...and the dishwasher to empty, all of which can wait until tomorrow now!

One of my Grandmothers was a bit of a socialite, a hard worker too though, but my Dad come from a mining family so his mother had it much harder. She was an amazingly king woman but died 32 years ago now, having only had one holiday abroad (paid for by my mum's parents) and never having had an indoor toilet! They had, what's known in Wales as, a Ty Bach out the back and the council had just given them a grant to convert the tiny under stairs cupboard into a toilet, but she died before it was completed.

I do sometimes forget Remus is so young, because he's tall and skinny not puppy chubby. I'm watching him now as he stands on our bedroom window looking at the street...he'll fall off soon enough!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Oh dear, glad he is ok though.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Well I struggle to keep our house tidy and am in admiration of my grandmothers who kept their houses clean like a new pin before labour saving machines.....but then I suppose they didn't get to spend so much time doing fun things with their children as I get to do with mine.......during the times I'm not fighting the tide of clutter and dust! Today we walked the dogs, watched a film, made smoothie ice pops, played in the paddling pool and watered the garden, painted pictures and ourselves and much more! So now they're in bed and there's still piles of laundry to go away on top of Remus' crate and a load still on the line...and the dishwasher to empty, all of which can wait until tomorrow now!

One of my Grandmothers was a bit of a socialite, a hard worker too though, but my Dad come from a mining family so his mother had it much harder. She was an amazingly king woman but died 32 years ago now, having only had one holiday abroad (paid for by my mum's parents) and never having had an indoor toilet! They had, what's known in Wales as, a Ty Bach out the back and the council had just given them a grant to convert the tiny under stairs cupboard into a toilet, but she died before it was completed.

I do sometimes forget Remus is so young, because he's tall and skinny not puppy chubby. I'm watching him now as he stands on our bedroom window looking at the street...he'll fall off soon enough!
Oh, what a nice story. That grandmother in the photo was the wealthiest person in our family. She left a LOT to us thankfully. Her house belongs to my father as well, but his brother was homeless so he gave the house to him.

Unfortunately we are the only ones not poverty stricken in all of our family. We are considered middle class, and we do alright... even with me unable to find work right now.

Our house is very, very old and I've lived here forever. Nigredo is filling out a LOT, and though he wasn't a chunky puppy, he's getting that wide Black Lab back now.

He still has a VERY "puppy" face so I'm always reminded that he's still a puppy. He's as tall as Jade and has to be closing in on her weight now, too. Strong too... pulls on his lead like a pro *ahem* and loves tuggy war.

He's of course still growing, but I'm still VERY aware that he's a puppy... and then you have things like this... which is a strong reminder that he's not so great with those big dumb paws yet.

Remus is soooo TALL. Like you said, a raily dude... but oh, so tall. I love tall dogs, always have. My last Dog Brownie was a leggy old Lab mix and Nigredo is leggy too.

I'm still wondering how big he'll finally get. He seemed to have JUST gotten his growth spurt, which is odd as usually it's between 4-6 months... so I'm not sure anymore. It's so fun to watch them grow, isn't it?

You probably have a good idea of how big Remus is going to get as I think you knew his breeders or something, right? But I have no earthly idea what Nigredo is truly mixed with... only know it's a LOT of black Lab. Just watching and waiting... and buying food.

He's on raw now... so it's getting a bit pricey as he grows, but he's doing so well on it I dare not try and change it. Hopefully I'll be able to find more supplemental work... or if I get lucky, some sort of real job so I can make sure I can keep him on it.

Dogs, they're our lives... but they'll certainly be the death of us all
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Oh dear, glad he is ok though.
Thanks. He's fine. I was so worried when I came up and saw the mess. I totally thought something had fallen on him, but he seemed to have gotten out of the way in time. Little mistakey-stake. Oh, well!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Aw bless him! That wee bear has character - you should hold on to it!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw bless him! That wee bear has character - you should hold on to it!
He's done a fine job of chewing it up. I guess I'll wash it and give it back to him, though. He does love it so!