Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Street collection we did..

..for Greyhound Rescue West of England on Sat.

My first one in my local town and we raised over £200!! Which is a great amount as we were not even in a very good spot.
The sun came out, Blue was loving it being fussed by everyone and Noah was a very good boy too and not too timid at all.

Some people were very generous giving us fivers at a time, but oddly enough saw a few people that I know (not doggy) and they just walked past Funny old world aint it?!

Hope also managed to convince a few people what wonderful pets greyhounds make, so hopefully a few hounds may find their way home soon
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Well done. Thats a great amount to make. I cant resist the greys when I see them. PAH had our local greyhound rescue there a little while ago and I didnt want to leave, they were gorgeous. And apparently, one of their dogs with them got a home after a family saw her there and fell in love which was fantastic to hear. Well done to you and your woofers.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks mate. Even if people just stop to chat it is great just to educate people a bit...not that i am an expert, lol, but so many think they cant live with greys cos they are strong on lead, or cant live with cats.
Fingers crossed as so many waiting....;-(
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 07:09 PM
I used to baby sit for a family that had four of them and they are the easiest dogs to walk. They never pulled, and after a short burst of speed, would just trot along beside you. I've alwasy said they are the perfect dogs for pensioners. Couch potatoes that like a nice easy walk everyday. Always loved greys and lurchers.
loobey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
well done to you!!! we have a rescue grey and she is such a loving, sweet natured dog. quiet, easy to walk and a great companion. she will follow me about all day long, just because she loves to be near. some people think that they need loads of walking but it's not true. as long as she goes out a couple of times a day, usually for 30 to 45 mins. after a zoomie around the field she's had enough. if i'm not up to it she's ok with 20 mins.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Well done you, that is a great result!