Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Bruno needs a new home

Hi All,

Bruno is a 4 year old GSDx. His owner is now bedridden and her Son has asthma. As a result, Social Services (in their infinite wisdom) told them either the dogs have to live outside permanently or they have to leave.

The owners tried to house the dogs outside (there's a bitch too but she's with someone else temporarily) but decided it wasn't fair on them as they're used to being in the house.

Bruno is very friendly towards everyone and everything, albeit very playful and one hell of al ump when he jumps on you. He's great with kids and other dogs and would make a fantastic family pet.

I'll try to post some photos of him either later today or tomorrow.

Laura xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 01:47 PM
What a shame. Try posting his details on Big GSD? I hope he finds a new home soon.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

Wel here he is. The pictures don't do him justice at all.

Bruno

Bruno & Buddy

He's possibly one of the nicest dogs I've ever met. He's so loving and affectionate. Great with other dogs and kids. He eats his dinner without any complaints and without bothering the other dogs for theirs.

Having said that, he's absolutely hopeless on lead. It's as though he's never been out on one - you know when puppies first go outside on a lead and their head faces on direction whils their legs take their body elsewhere? Well that's just what he's like.

He's always looking for approval and wants to please moreso than my lot. Maybe that's just because he's in a new place but maybe that's just who he is too.

I was supposed to get a call from people interested in him so they could come and see him tomorrow but they've not called. It would be a shame if they didn't coem and see him, They've already passed a home check and completed paperwork so if they like him they could take him straight away. Still, for the time he's here, if they don't get in touch, their loss is my gain (for the time being anyway).

Laura xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 08:29 PM
aw, he is gorgeous. hope he finds his forever home.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi,

Seeing as Zane wanted a bit of fuss (albeit at 4am) I thought I'd see what Bruno could "do" as he woke up and jumped on me!

This dog is amazing - he can do all the usual basic obedience stuff ie sit, stand, down etc. I've just done a tiny bit of scent work with him and he got it straight away. He can now also walk backwards, roll over and give paw on command. I've never had a dog this easy to train.

Whoever gets him will be privileged. I jsut hope they realise how exceptional he is.

Laura xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Well the people interested in Bruno called me this morning, about 1130am. They've been to see him and fell in love with him. They've passed all their home checks already so Bruno has now gone to his new home.

He now lives on Cannock Chase so he'll have all that ground to run about on. He will be living with an older couple who don't have children but do have visiting children to their house. So Bruno will love that.

He also will be living with a 10yr old GSD bitch who is apparently very active for her age. The couple used to have 3 dogs but lost both of the other 2 earlier this year and the bitch was obviosuly missing them, having been brought up with one of them since 6 weeks old.

So I 'm sure Bruno will have a fantastic life with his new owners. They've promised to send photos and let me know how he's doing.

Laura xx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I am so glad he has found a decent forever home xxxxxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 02:11 PM
That sounds a lovely home for a very special dog. Be happy Bruno