Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Sensitive stomach

Any one got any reccomendations on food for a sensitive stomach. One of my does seems to have runny poos all the time and it cant be comfortable for her. So far ive tried her on Beta, Wainwrights and some JWB. All dry food.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Chicken Chappie has been good for our fosters with dicky tums over the years - Comes in dry biscuits or tinned.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Guinness has a sensitive stomach and we use Supadog Sensitive which he's been great on.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi Valandra of the complete food you could try a fish and potato or rice based food eg Wafcol or Fish4dogs both of which usually give small firm poos . .

Wet food; Chapie is much recommended ..
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Have you tried Fish4Dogs...?

It's just fish and potato and the kibble is a nice big size.

It costs a bit more than some of the others but it's certainly the only dry food that my dog thrives on.

http://www.fish4dogs.com/
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 09:50 PM
My GSD has a sensitive tum, he had a gut infection last week and since then hes been on arden grange sensitive and so far so good (its fish and potatoe based i think)
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Rolo didnt get on with the meat and rice kibble but has been good on Wainwrights Salmon and Potato.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:15 PM
It will depend what is causing the sensitivity.
I would start off trying good old tinned Chappie and nothing else (including no treats of any description) for about a week and see if you start to see an improvement.
If you do and you want to feed dried then slowly start to introduce the dry chappie. Some dogs cannot tolerate dry food though and also if they have a storage mite problem intolerance then all dried food would be out.
If Chappie does not work I would try either Wainwrights or Wafcol Salmon and potatoe, this is dried but can be very good for dogs with food intolerances.
If that doesn't work then try various wainwrights wet flavours to see which protein type your dog tolerates best.
Its all a case of seeing which foods and proteins your individual dog can tolerate. Most can tolerate fish but I had a JRT that was very ill indeed if he ate fish.
All what I have mentioned are foods that would be fed to a dog with your problem its a case of seeing which, if any will suit you dog.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2011, 10:25 PM
My Kia has a sensitive tum and turns her nose up to dry foods so we've been on tinned Chappie for a few months now. Nice firm poops and the vet was happy that she's maintaining a good weight. Cheap too Would highly recommend it.

xoxox
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Rocky was the same when I first got him - tried all the usual recommended foods and then remembered what the breeder of my cat said about Bengals - that they have a sensitive stomach so you don't want something too rich. So I gave Pascoes Complete Chicken a go... and that fixed it

http://www.pascoes.co.uk/index.php?p...emart&Itemid=9

Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >