View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Seems ridiculous to me!!! Are you sure that someone hasn't just got mixed up at the Rescue you have spoken to. Perhaps you should ask for an appointment with Management there to get to the bottom of what appears a pointless and idiotic policy. Perhaps you will find that it is a mistake because I just cannot see the relevance of not re-homing a dog with you if they are spayed
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Which resuces have you approached? Are you sure it was only because your bitch is unspayed?

What type of dog do you have? What types of dog were you offering a home to?

Sorry so many questions
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm a bit confused(not difficult for me)haven't you got another 3/4 dogs from the photos you have posted it would appear so ?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Im with joedeeuk on this!

taken from previous posts..

Northern Inuit

Hi all
Ive just come back from the Brentwood show in Essex where we had a meet the breed stall for everyone to come and meet the inuit dogs, we had a wonderfull weekend despite the rain, our stand was very busy for the two days and a lot of questions answered! we are also having an anual Northern inuit show in june in Essex, so if anyone would like to bring their inuits they are very welcome to come, we are also having a couple of classes for Utonagons, we would be very pleased to see you.
My 14wk old puppy Hunter won his Bronze Good Dog Diploma, i am very proud of him! it was his first time on the lead and he didnt fuss at all, bless him:smt038
so you have one male NI dog in one thread
then
there seems to be two NI dogs in this link

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=77102

two in this link, scout and rama

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=79507

and orrin

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=80869

then saba

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=87791

little dude

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=96081

so that makes how many NI dogs to date?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I cant foster any dogs until my girls are spayed (due to be done next year) I think it just covers the rescue incase of any fights or unwanted pregnancies etc x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Hmmmm, 'tis a mystery Shona

If I weas from a rescue organization, I'd be worried about rehoming a dog to someone who already has several dogs - whether the existing pack would accept the new dog, whether the owner would have time to give the dog (as rescue dogs tend to have special needs).
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 06:03 PM
My thoughts are if the rescue genuinely cared about the welfare of the dogs they were rehoming, a good home where that dog will be neutered anyway, should not be passed by.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I agree BD, but if the home is unsuitable then the dog shouldn't be rehomed there. I just wondered from the posts Shona mentioned that there might be a lot of dogs there?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I agree BD, but if the home is unsuitable then the dog shouldn't be rehomed there. I just wondered from the posts Shona mentioned that there might be a lot of dogs there?

yup it could be down to numbers...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I absolutely agree and didnt realise there was confusion over the number of dogs in the household, and I agree with you too in if the home is unsuitable then no dog should go there.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >