Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 07:02 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 13th September

Good morning everyone

Hope everyone is safe and no damage to their property. Still very windy here with a lot of small branches, leaves and acorns on the ground but on looking around can see no damage.

Lynn shame the two properties have been taken off the list but looking at the first it really had no garden. The right one will be there when needed. It was the same with us. We were frantically looking but in our case they were being sold even as we were own the phone to the agents to make an appointment. Fortunately saw, liked and managed to buy this one.

Parcel still at the depot and it now has a customs query on it. Cant they read it says books on the invoice and on the box. If they are that concerned open it and see that it is what is says on the box

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Good morning all, hope you are all in fine fettle.
I haven't read back on yesterday's thread but will do so next.

Something of a blowy night. lots of noise of things going bang. Hope you all survived it.

Have a good day all, take care all two and four legged friends, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2017, 08:11 AM
good morn all

With that storm last night we got away with it with just a bit of a mess with leafs and twigs in the garden. When the wind dies done a bit this afternoon then start clearing up

Looks as though my leaf petrol blower will have to start work a little earlier this year.

I can't bear seeing the lawn like that so did a clearup. One large bage of twigs and branches and 3 large bags of acorns which were heavy to lift.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Not been too bad here. Heavy rain forecast, but not materialised, sun is out and hoping we can get out today as girls fed up and so am I. Giving it another half hour, if its still nice we're off out
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Morning all off today so bits and pieces to do got a line of washing out but watching the weather as I type. Good breeze though so hoping......LOL

Lynn it will all fall into place karma is kind to those who need it. There is a none shared large driveway out there somewhere with your names on it and a house attatched......LOL
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Sue...........good luck retrieving your parcel..............
Moyra..........have a great day ..............
TW..............have fun with the leaf blower......
Tw.................By now you should be out and about with the girls.....having fun.
To everyone have a good day
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Avoided most of the rain, I had my likkle'at in my pocket in the inside map pocket of my gilet I had a waterproof that folds to a square. Wasn't till the end of the 2nd walk with Lona and Mabs that I had to take the waterproof out and put it on. Rest of the time there were some showers but that was all. Mostly up in the woods, hardly muddy at all, trees kept the rain off, and they had a wonderful time chasing about. All supplied with a bone each and now probably asleep.
Forgot to take the bread out of the freezer, so lunch today is chicken goujons and tomato sauce, with the requisite mug of tea of course
Sue, they are totally brain dead these people, how do they get to work in the first place.Hoping your parcel gets through customs and on its way at some point today
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
and it now has a customs query on it. Cant they read it says books on the invoice and on the box.
Did you include a small greetings card That's what gave them a headache last time if I remember rightly

Like you say if they have any concerns just open the box, can't be that difficult or take more than a few minutes
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Thanks June you remind me I had forgotten to get the bread out too

No Harvey the parcel only contains the university books. I didn't even open it just stuck the consignment address label over the one for here so no idea. Just being the normal idiots and causing as much problem as usual.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Afternoon everyone. Been out on another recce today.
One a bungalow turns out the back garden is very small front garden nice but not good for Dillon prefer him tucked away in the back.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-68427218.html So crossed off the list.
Then onto this one. Not ruling it out entirely and it has a nature reserve across the road but unfortunately dogs are not allowed which is very unusual round here. It has a question mark over it.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-65732270.html not sure if the track alongside is a public footpath or bye way. If not nowhere to walk Dillon.
Then this one which is a definite no no as it is on the main road running through to Wisbech/ Sleaford etc. and although set back off the road very busy and with lorries and again nowhere to walk Dillon.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-49841475.html

So the weekend is taking some trips out to do some more research on areas and houses/bungalows we have seen for sale and if things seem right watch to see if they are still available when out time comes to move on.

We had some high winds here last night but thankfully no damage.

Sue hope the parcel eventually turns up where it's meant to.
griff hope you are feeling better.
june glad you had a hat in your pocket.
Harvey how is Lara today ?

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >