register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Its actually stopped raining for a while.Let girls out,so they are happy. Been for LPG for the car and also put some petrol in as it was below a quarter and I always like to have a quarter of a tank just in case of whatever may happen.
I know Eileen went on holiday to Portugal in July,but nothing else. I suspect LG is on dialysis and maybe won't feel like posting, or is unable to.
If we want a tour of the US, maybe we should wrap ourselves in a parcel because it sounds like its been everywhere but where it needs to be. I bet the hurricanes won't help matters, lets hope it doesn't get flooded or something at the depot!!!
Came past Numbnuts house and Mummy Numbnuts car isn't there, coupled with actual sunshine and blue skies am considering hosing and disinfecting the back whilst she's out. As soon as I start hosing outside the back gate she comes out, for nothing because there is nothing there, so it has to be me daring to clean up at the back. I take great delight in having her flitting in and out,pity I don't like torrential rain otherwise it would be even better if I did that
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 03:40 PM
I was lucky taking Amber out when I did as we have had a thunderstorm and hard rain to follow. I do feel for those out in the Carribean and Florida. Must be quite terrible.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Glad the girls got out for a bit June.
Wouldn't it be terrible (not) if the hosepipe decided to get a mind of it's own and soak mrs numbnuts.
Glad you missed the rain and thunder Moyra we had torrential rain but I didn't hear the thunder I was in b&q at the time. Gorden relayed the news to me.

Well found a colour as near as dammit to what we have on the bedroom wall so just touched up after all.
Plumbing done need a new panel for the bath but leaving it open to the air for the week to hopefully dry out underneath.

Roadworks been and gone van stayed on the road. I have to message Beth tomorrow or Wednesday to mention Gorden needs to b off the drive by 6 on Thursday.
We are hoping it may jog them into sorting the problem out.
Normally if it's a Monday Gorden knocks when taking the bins round and he goes in front of the van but no bins to go out.

Off for a shower in a bit we are both cream crackered.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Uncontrollable hosepipe too obvious Lynn. The fact that all debris from the demolition of the old kennel and the making of the new one (big stuff went to the tip,I'm talking sawdust and general bits) is somehow ending up outside her gate is purely coincidence. Normally I would sweep up,but I thought why bother when I can find a place for it to go
Started raining again just as I finished hosing and disinfecting the rubber matting, but soon stopped, we have blue sky and sunshine now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 04:46 PM
No more than she deserves.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 04:59 PM
She won't clean it up, they once dumped a crate at the back gate, it was all rusty at the bottom,so obviously these white fluffy things she has lie on wet bedding, their coats are tinged with that browny colour that is urine staining as well. Makes me very bitter that I am the one that is supposed to keep my dogs in filth when I spend half my life cleaning and would fly to the moon rather than have them on wet dirty bedding
Hope you sell your house to a solicitor or something rather than them, then they will find out what it is to have neighbours that aren't what they'd hoped for.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Evenin' all!
Hope you and furry friends had a good day.
It's the 16th anniversary of 9/11, a new dimension in terrorist warfare.

Today was a bit of a trial for us. I walked Max at 07:00. Then we left at 07:30 for my 09:00 hospital appointment with the oncologist. It was a nightmare journey. Always to be expected with the M1/M25 on a Monday morning but not usually that bad. Over an hour and a half for about a 25 mile trip so we were late.

Then the reception has just got a new computer system - and it looked as if the staff had received no training on it so checking in (and out) was interminable. We got back home about mid day. Over four hours for a 10-minute consultation.

The good news is that I am still clear of cancer. The after effects of the shingles and the cellulitis still drag on.

Tomorrow, I have almost the same journey as today but I've scheduled the meeting for an hour later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Sorry the journey was a trial Beseoker but good news on the cancer hope the shingles and cellulitis clear very soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
my parcel is being bumped all around the USA and not even left the USA yet
Flippin heck Barry, talk about magical mystery tour. What in heavens name is the point of shipping it all around America, it looks like no one knows where Brazil is.

Come on fellas, it's that big country just below Venezuela
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-09-2017, 09:18 PM
'evening all

Had to take Lara to the vets this morning. She had been crying with pain when getting up (after a long lie down) and it looked like she was limping on the front left leg.

We were sure nothing was broken as she did walk on it. But it was not her leg, it turned out it was a 'trapped nerve' in her neck, when she turned her head to the left it really hurt and she cried out in pain.

She had a pain killer injection and has some Meloxaid to put in her meal. Vet said it should sort itself over the next few days. If it's like the back pain I get sometimes it may take a week.

Poor thing, coming on top of the lung problem (which thankfully seems a lot better) she must be wondering what is happening to her.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >