View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Lynn I sympathise with you over the driveway saga. One house we lived in at the end of a close and we owned the drive but had to give next door access to their house. They were under the impression it was a shared drive but legally there was a big difference. We didn't get off to the best start because the builders put up the back fence in the wrong place giving them an extra 2'. We made them move it as it was also over a man hole! The neighbour then started childminding so there were cars coming and going all day and using our drive to turn round in also on our lawn. A while later they had an extension built so we were getting tradesmen and big lorries again blocking our drives and tearing up the driveway edges. Relations were very frosty by then and on one occasion when my OHs van was blocked in he lost his rag and shunted the vehicle out the way. I can tell you it was a relief to move.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Drives are just a pain in the bum lol. Like Twix we have to allow access to our neighbours they can drive a car in or out of the garage, and foot access to garage and garden....that's it, no parking, we had a solicitors letter sent and it did stop, they have now sold and we expect to have to tell the new lot to bog off....i don't care if i speak to my neighbours or not lol
Lynn, go get the paint..you will be happy when it's done
TW...hope you get out for a walk, we have chucking down rain and then sunshine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 12:32 PM
We always said no shared driveway. Twix that is despicable.
Paul and Beth own the drive and we have easement over it for family and friends that may visit and who wish to take the chance of driving down the overgrown driveway. Our oil delivery and bins to and from the front.
They are rubbish at keeping it clear. We have always respected it is their drive and just wish they would respect we have rights. Seems they take friendship to another level us always giving in.
Next time no shared drives at all it is one thing I will insist on.
This is why they are so desperate to buy our place they will gain all their access rights back they will only allow whoever rents the right to have oil delivered, the bins will be kept out the front they have made provision for those already. Paul and Beth will have no option but to park on the road.
They will gain all the large gravel area we have where we park plus a good deal of the garden to I would imagine.

Got the paint put it on the wall and wet it seems just a shade darker than what is already there really hoping it will dry to as near as dammit what we already have on the walls. That will save repainting the whole room.
Can always keep the 2.5 litre pot might come in useful in the new place when we move.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Hello all,
Well I thought I'd posted yesterday, but just reading through in case I'd missed anything seems not
Lynn I feel for you regarding the drive, they obviously don't realise the stress it's causing you, or that they are pushing the boundaries of friendship.
TW hope you feeling better, the weather is like that here, get a couple of minutes dry weather then the rain comes again.
Sue it's madness that they can parcels so wrong, hopefully it's gets where it's meant to be
Griff I'm same not moving far today now I'm in, managed to get out into town and back without getting wet through, more luck than judgement lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Just a nightmare with the weather. Have actually shut all the doors and Kesh and Zen are shut in as sick of sending them in when it rains, which is about every few minutes I think. They've all got a bone each and will have to put up with it for once.I've left the top half door open and there is mesh on the top of the full door, plenty of air, and it is light because the roof is tinted perspex. Lona and Mabs have their doors shut, top door on a bungee tie as despite the fact that the bolt was moved downwards it still doesn't fasten, so it keeps the worst of the rain out, they can come in and out of the entrance in the front, but are staying put in the warmth and dry. Wish Kesh and Zen would follow their example but they won't, so I am making them
Sue, could you address the parcel in the language (is it Spanish), would that work and save you from going into a meltdown everytime you send a parcel because its ongoing isn't, no one seems to be able to deliver parcels over there. Bet they get bills though
Lynn I have no idea why people behave as they do, something wrong with their wiring possibly, why they can't see or understand what you keep telling them in as nice a way as possible. I would seriously think about selling the house to someone who is bad news for them on the access front, just because you can. I suspect that may be one reason why they want to buy it, because no one in this world could be as tolerant and flexible as you've been.
Agree with Griff, go in and out all day every day whenever possible
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Ha ha June I had that thought this morning. Think we would be cutting our noses off to spite our faces though.
Of course if the flat hasn't sold by May we will be on the open market so they could still be facing someone who will not be nearly so tolerant.
Gorden has said what if he was a shift worker or one moved in if they can't buy.
Gorden has to leave by 6.30 Thursday I am dropping him at the station so I will message Beth to say tomorrow or Wednesday they will have to put the van on the road by then won't they ? Can't bring myself to knock at the moment cannot trust what may come out of my mouth.

Hope the girls decide to stay put in the dry.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2017, 01:45 PM
my parcel is being bumped all around the USA and not even left the USA yet

Global tracking #:****************
Courier:Multiple Carriers
Customs Documentation and Labeling
Sep-09-17, 18:50 PM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Processing at Global Shipping Center
Sep-09-17, 01:21 AM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Arrived at Global Shipping Center
Sep-07-17, 10:00 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41025

Out for delivery to Global Shipping Center
Sep-07-17, 02:57 AM, CINCINNATI, OH

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN
Sep-06-17, 22:39 PM, CINCINNATI, OH

In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN
Sep-06-17, 20:30 PM, LEXINGTON, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN
Sep-06-17, 12:54 PM, LEXINGTON, KY

Sep-06-17, 10:07 AM, KNOXVILLE, TN

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN
Sep-06-17, 09:34 AM, KNOXVILLE, TN

Sep-06-17, 05:14 AM, DORAVILLE, GA

In Transit-ORIGIN SCAN
Sep-05-17, 20:21 PM, DORAVILLE, GA
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Hi All sunshine and showers here in sunny Lancing at the moment. Anyone know how Eileen is getting on and of LG. Ah I keep asking but to no avail. Have now got nearly 4 weeks to go for my holiday in Inverness and I have booked next years to in Dilton Marsh. Always something to look forward to.
When I sent a parcel to USA it ended up doing the rounds of Canada. It did get to its destination eventually.
Have a good rest of day peeps.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
my parcel is being bumped all around the USA and not even left the USA yet

Global tracking #:****************
Courier:Multiple Carriers
Customs Documentation and Labeling
Sep-09-17, 18:50 PM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Processing at Global Shipping Center
Sep-09-17, 01:21 AM, Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501

Arrived at Global Shipping Center
Sep-07-17, 10:00 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41025

Out for delivery to Global Shipping Center
Sep-07-17, 02:57 AM, CINCINNATI, OH

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN
Sep-06-17, 22:39 PM, CINCINNATI, OH

Sep-06-17, 20:30 PM, LEXINGTON, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN
Sep-06-17, 12:54 PM, LEXINGTON, KY

Sep-06-17, 10:07 AM, KNOXVILLE, TN

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN
Sep-06-17, 09:34 AM, KNOXVILLE, TN

Sep-06-17, 05:14 AM, DORAVILLE, GA

In Transit-ORIGIN SCAN
Sep-05-17, 20:21 PM, DORAVILLE, GA
Insane!!
We've had the odd bit of trouble shipping stuff into USA but mostly with extended delivery times.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Just walked Amber again and it started to rain again. She had a quick run around with a Labrador/poodle. So managed to get in before it came down too hard. In the meantime Steve hung out his washing under the gazebo's but I suspect it will not dry and will need to come in on the radiator overnight.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >