View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2017, 10:42 AM
That's a lovely photo Besoeker. Hope both you and Max are doing well. God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Barry, I do not know. I had to undergo a field vision test particularly for the DVLA at an opticians in town. They knew I was disabled but still had to somehow or other manage to climb a set of stairs to get to the equipment, nearly had a nasty accident coming down the stairs. Why oh why could they not accept my eye clinic results from the hospital?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Moyra
The reason is because the DVLA have their own dedicated eye test centres, usually SpecSavers.
The equipment they use is different for field tests and have DVLA approval. the ones in eye hospitals don't.

What i did was contact the DVLA and they arrange a free eye test at their centre (SpecSavers) and give you a code when you go. They do put a time limit on it but long enough to arrange . So you Ring SpecSavers give the code and they arrange what time/day to go for the test

You get 3 chances for the field test and then you have the letter line decrease size test. SpecSavers don't tell you if you have passed you have to wait for the DVLA to post results to you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Gorden painting the front of the house.
Blood pressure up getting crosser by the minute and trying to keep a lid on it. Can't afford a row at this point in time.
Will have to have a word though I think soon if things do not get done.

Hope any tests being undergone or to be undergone all go well and that everyone including four legged friends are well to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I am wondering myself if all whats gone on with numbnuts, getting the money together to keep myself safe, worry about Lona, then Cariad, my friend, my son, the list is endless. I am not taking anything with Ibuprufen in as I had read somewhere about it having nasty side effects and I don't need anything else to fall apart on me. Unsurprising really if it didn't affect me physically as well as mentally I suppose.
Son called for hedge trimmers this morning, then I went for shavings, took the girls out. Came back, tidied up (its a doddle with the new house keeping everything nice) Off to the tip with the rest of the old kennel, and rubbish thats accumulated since the last time I went to the tip, Wednesday I think. In fact Thursday was the only day I didn't go to the tip this week
Moyra I put a link up yesterday about whats going on with Photobucket. Tumbleweed, thanks for the link to that host, I'll go on there and open an account.
Son has been for his eye test (can't remember if I said before) and despite the fact he had been summoned due to inconsistencies, they said his eyes were doing really well, no sign of a bleed and they had no idea why he had been called back in.
Lynn, hoping the painting gets done before you murder Gorden, I know it will touch and go, but be nice because there is no way you can go up that ladder
Having a butty and a brew, watching Red Rock and then off shopping.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Oh Lynn, must be frustrating not knowing what is going to happen, whoever you sell to will not want to put up with their behaviour next door. You are between a rock and a hard place Lets hope their mothers place sells and they are able to get a mortgage on yours. Fingers crossed for you.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Besoeker
I now use
imgur.com for image storage, very easy to use, and to send to 3rd party
That's what I used. Seems to have worked.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Front of house looking good think Gorden is nearly done.
The colour is soft wholemeal so darker than the cream we had. Hopefully won't show so many marks.
Lets keep fingers crossed the filling in and now weather proof paint will sort the slight damp problems out.

Counting to 10 Moyra will wait till the children are back at school then have a conversation with them politely asking what is happening with the drive and van situation. Pointing out it will need sorting if they cannot buy the cottage. Politely of course and if I have a tongue left in my head to speak to them after biting it for so long.
I think it's the total lack of consideration that gets to me most.

June would not be at all surprised if stress has been playing a big part with regards to wobbly legs etc.,
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Oh Lynn, may counting to ten is not enough, try twenty, Lol. You have been so patient and to be honest I wouldn't put too much hope on them coming up with the mortgage for your place. I think the sooner you put it on the market the better. I do wish you well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Colour sounds lovely Lynn, maybe when the For Sale sign goes up on your house it may encourage them to take steps. They could well be the type that always mean to do stuff and never get round to it, in which case you feel like going mental with a meat cleaver. Being civilised and an adult of course, you don't do it, just replay the images in your head
I am going to have to make a move myself, shopping won't do itself
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >