register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2017, 04:09 PM
I have taken son's electric hedge cutters and done the archway and rosebush. He is back at work now, was back part time but they sort of pushed him into full time before he felt ready, but thats big business isn't it. He goes to counselling on a Friday pm and was going to do the archway afterwards,he worked so hard on Monday knocking down that pile of sh!t I paid for a few years ago, that I have done the archway. Was going to paint this afternoon, but we've had a couple of showers so this weekend when we've had a couple of dry days I'll paint then. Near finished myself off, standing on top of a step ladder with an electric hedge trimmer is quite er different and glad I have got it done with as went a bit strange feeling towards the end and my legs felt like jelly.
Cup of tea, hot shower and pain killers are the order now I think
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Doesn't time fly griff. Never gets easier however long.
Ooooh errrr June dizzy in charge of an electric hedge trimmer.
Been busy here again today finishing stairs and landing.

Sitting down now with a glass of red and fish and chips later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Mmmmm fish and chips, could go for some myself. Had a shower and having a brew, pain killers and lie down for an hour. Girls tea is ready, so if i have a doze all I've got to do is take it out, then tidy up. Not dizzy, was a strange feeling really.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Welcome back June. I used to get those funny moments but not since I started on the BP tablets. My only problem is remembering to take them.
Btw, I can see your pics when I click on the PB message.

Well my gaster is flabbered. Tried to get a spark plug for the lawn mower in Halfords of all places. No chance! If I wanted anything cycle related that was the place to go. Thanks to T'weed for explaining the additives to fuel as the lawnmower manual requests this. Good grief it's like maintaining a hot house flower! No old fuel (how old is too old???) but this damn machine is so temperamental it's infuriating!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Twix I thank God for the ever trusty Nigel when I read about your petrol mower.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Hahaha Twix...yeah i think mowers aren't keen on fuel past 6-7 mo ths....i cheated and bought a 4 stroke so i don't need to mess about with additives...if it's cutting out have you checked the air filter?
Mm mm chips..yum...yum and you are right it doesn't get easier Lynn...i may as well let you all know that Steve and i are on speaking terms again so he will get a nice message from me tomorrow
TW...go steady standing on ladders with hedge trimmers
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Wondering about high blood pressure, how would I know if I had it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
This is the reason why photobucket stuff isn't showing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668
Thanks for that link June, I had barely a dozen images on Photobucket and as I said before I've forgotten my password and there's no way I am paying PB for anything. It's really starting to annoy me the way these big internet companies behave. I certainly won't be contacting them, I think they need me more than I need them
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Wondering about high blood pressure, how would I know if I had it.
Just ask at your GP Surgery, there's usually a nurse who can do it so no need to bother your doctor.

You can also buy a home use thingy which is the same as the surgery uses. I bought one 20 years ago, only used it twice

ETA:-
Jumping around on a step ladder with a hedge trimmer in one hand is also a good way to get high blood pressure
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
may as well let you all know that Steve and i are on speaking terms again so he will get a nice message from me tomorrow
Don't know what to say Griff, except maybe "hope it goes better than before", and don't forget to keep collecting the payments
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >