View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Night night Eileen and have a good day tomorrow. Night night Harvey, and yes, his lordship would totally agree with you re the merits of Meccano - he had loads of it as a boy and intended to keep it, but his evil mother gave it all away one day

Gordon, I don't believe that I have acknowledged you this evening, for which I apologise!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
My Dear Bitkin - please excuse my protracted absences from the "daily thread" during this evening but I have been indulging in a little verbal jousting on another Dogsey thread. Oh these Colonials they can be such a trial! I do notice while quickly scanning through the evenings offerings that in #56 you admitted to looking for a "pesky fellow" in both 1901 and 1891. I know that it is never polite to make even the slightest mention of a lady's age but it does occur to me that if you were indeed chasing said pesky fellows so long ago you must surely be in the running for the UK's if not the World's most senior citizen. Please forgive me if I have somehow got things muddled up - but it has already been pointed out to me this evening that I cannot really read! So there you have it, proof positive if any were needed. bye fer now.

Only just spotted this Gordon - due to chasing after that elusive pesky fellow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Sorry been on the phone to one of my owners, she has one of Mabs's sisters, and when she gets on the phone I am there for hours with her
I remember Meccano so well, every boy had a meccano set didn't they, can still see the boxes now in those toy shops where you could by your Hornby train sets and I used to buy my toy farm animals for my farm, oh and the Dinky cars and the Corgi cars.
Gordon you will more than likely be unsurprised when I tell you that Sally has a passion for pursuing various people, in fact whole families through time, and thinks nothing of plunging herself into the 1700's with no fear whatseover.
Keep meaning to ask you, hows the deerhound pup coming along, can't remember if it was still in the oven or whether it had been baked.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 11:27 PM
TW, I too fondly remember my brothers and their Meccano kits - the toys for boys are all a little different now, more's the pity.

I too was wondering about the cooking up of a Deerhound puppy, and Gordon has gone extremely quiet about the whole project hasn't he. Perhaps a firm foot has been placed by the Memsahib on the flagstone floor.

I am going to bed now because shortly it will be time to put the clocks forward and then I will be late to bed! Lynne has been a genius and has put me, I am pretty sure, on the right road to find some answers re my missing man and who he was etc. Maybe in some small way I have repaid her by taking her mind of feeling sick

Night night people, be good and have a lovely day tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2014, 11:28 PM
TW - Nothing you could possibly say about Bitkin would surprise me - obviously a most intrepid explorer of genealogical mysteries! Also judging from recent posts she has been at it for a considerable time!!! Reference the DH pup they are very much in the oven and once they pop out their little black noses and open their eyes I will be off to put a tiny collar on my chosen girl. She will stay with the breeder until vaccs are complete and then will join my lot at Chateau Gord. They are a working strain and direct descendants from Ms Noble's Ardkinglas hounds. Bye fer now!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 11:41 PM
I have decided not to put clocks forward till tomorrow. Will do girly brekkies then my own then turn my clocks forward. That way I won't notice I've lost an hour
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Happy Mother's Day to you one and All and with that I will wish you all goodnight and God Bless! There is nothing in this world as special as your Mother - I lost mine over 40yrs ago and miss her still. Gordon x
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7