Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Golden Retriever

My Goldie Meg
General Appearance
Symmetrical, balanced, active, powerful, level mover; sound with kindly expression.

Characteristics
Biddable, intelligent and possessing natural working ability.

Temperament
Kindly, friendly and confident.

Head and Skull
Balanced and well chiselled, skull broad without coarseness; well set on neck, muzzle powerful, wide and deep. Length of foreface approximately equals length from well defined stop to occiput. Nose preferably black.

Eyes
Dark brown, set well apart, dark rims.

Ears
Moderate size, set on approximate level with eyes.

Mouth
Jaws strong, with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws.

Neck
Good length, clean and muscular.

Forequarters
Forelegs straight with good bone, shoulders well laid back, long in blade with upper arm of equal length placing legs well under body. Elbows close fitting.

Body
Balanced, short-coupled, deep through heart. Ribs deep, well sprung. Level topline.

Hindquarters
Loin and legs strong and muscular, good second thighs, well bent stifles. Hocks well let down, straight when viewed from rear, neither turning in nor out. Cow-hocks highly undesirable.

Feet
Round and cat-like.

Tail
Set on and carried level with back, reaching to hocks, without curl at tip.

Gait/Movement
Powerful with good drive. Straight and true in front and rear. Stride long and free with no sign of hackney action in front.

Coat
Flat or wavy with good feathering, dense water-resisting undercoat.

Colour
Any shade of gold or cream, neither red nor mahogany. A few white hairs on chest only, permissible.

Size
Height at withers: dogs: 56-61 cms (22-24 ins); bitches: 51-56 cms (20-22 ins).

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog.

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Personally I think she's a little long in the loin as the standard calls for close coupled and doesn't have a well defined stop but her head is in the correct proportions.
I prefer Goldies to be darker but that is just cosmetic. She seems to have a nice straight front.
Please remember I'm just basing this on my interpretation of the standard and the pictures you have provided!
Becky
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Nicely well balanced bitch, not too short. Lovely deep chest. Topline looks to dip and tail is a little confusing from the pics. Nicely feathered, lovely eager and joyful expression.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Personally I think she's a little long in the loin as the standard calls for close coupled and doesn't have a well defined stop but her head is in the correct proportions.
I prefer Goldies to be darker but that is just cosmetic. She seems to have a nice straight front.
Please remember I'm just basing this on my interpretation of the standard and the pictures you have provided!
Becky
Thank you becky

Originally Posted by random View Post
Nicely well balanced bitch, not too short. Lovely deep chest. Topline looks to dip and tail is a little confusing from the pics. Nicely feathered, lovely eager and joyful expression.
Thank you Random
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Nicely balanced bitch with a lovely expression. Topline appears to dip slightly behind the shoulders. Tail appears (on the pic only) to curve slightly. Lovely turn of stifle, good bone and appears to move true in front.
Dawn
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Nicely balanced bitch with a lovely expression. Topline appears to dip slightly behind the shoulders. Tail appears (on the pic only) to curve slightly. Lovely turn of stifle, good bone and appears to move true in front.
Dawn
Thank you Dawn