View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
i have a metal crate but thats only for the house,and we have a massive soft crate ours is very comfy for the dogs they love being in it as soon as they see it being put in the car they go bonkors lol.I would defo reckomend one.Their not bad for value either,easy to move around than the metal ones and very uselfull at shows
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I have two of the Croft twist crates and there great at open shows , but again i never leave them unattended. I used them on the bench at Border Union this year, Libby was fine but Woody managed to "walk" of the bench inside his crate.... then again he's not the brightest of dogs
terrysibe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2007, 08:28 AM
We always use soft crates for our Siberians and we have never had a problem with them. We use them at all the open shows we do and most of the Champ Shows. They are great! and much less hassle than lugging heavy metal cages around.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
oh wouldnt be with out mine so much easier to lug around shows than a metal one
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Anton went through two of them at the SWD weekend a few weeks ago!!! I was only a couple of hundred yards away from him!!
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I use soft crates for my dogs at shows. None of them have ever even tried to get out of one. However, my friend asked me if she could put her bitch in my crate for a few minutes while she showed another dog. This bitch went through the mesh front in about three seconds flat! LOL.

I guess it all depends on how stressed out your dogs are at the time.

Debs
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the replies all, mixed reviews really!

Think I might buy one and try it out, they're not that expensive after all and I could always use it in the house if she's not keen at shows!

When I went to the Northern ESS open Show on Sunday I saw one dog walk it across the ground like a giant square Hamster Ball!

That put me off a bit I have to say!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I think it all depends on how your dog behaves in a regular crate. If you dogs tends to paw, scratch, chew, jump, etc in a wire crate, then the soft crate won't work. I LOVE mine it is a total godsend. Moxie actually prefers it to her metal crate at shows as it give her more privacy.

perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Mine comes with four metal pins so that you can actually pin them down when outside a bit like a tent, he, he!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
I think it all depends on how your dog behaves in a regular crate. If you dogs tends to paw, scratch, chew, jump, etc in a wire crate, then the soft crate won't work. I LOVE mine it is a total godsend. Moxie actually prefers it to her metal crate at shows as it give her more privacy.

I have to say Isla doesn't tend to paw or scratch, she just uses her voice to let you know she's not happy instead! Although you can leave her on a bench, in the car or outside our local post office with little fuss, so I might be lucky and she could be growing out of it!

Originally Posted by perrodeagua View Post
Mine comes with four metal pins so that you can actually pin them down when outside a bit like a tent, he, he!
Yeah I saw ones with pegs on ebay, sounds like a good idea for camping or outdoor open shows even!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >