Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:28 PM

Itchy dog

my staff has really started chewing her feet and scratching her body can i wash there bedding in hibiscrub? shes off to the vets tomorrow
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty1978 View Post
my staff has really started chewing her feet and scratching her body can i wash there bedding in hibiscrub? shes off to the vets tomorrow
You can but it will be of no benefit. Normal detergent will be fine. Taking her to the Vets is the right thing to do. Good luck.
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:33 PM
some people say using non bio is better? think ive been using bio, ive never seen her scratch so much
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Throw the Bio out and use Non Bio, we never use anything other than Fairy Snow

The vet can sell you shampoos which will help such as Episoothe or Malaseb

Good luck at the vets
MTBG
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Let us know how you get on at the Vets. My oldest one has hayfever and has just started becoming itchy so may be a similar situation with yours?
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2011, 02:44 PM
ok so she gave me some coatex med shampoo, and she done a skin scrape and gave me a low dose of prenicare but i have got to wait for her to phone me after she has looked at the skin scrape, of course my insurance wont cover the expensive tests because on her notes there is comments about feet licking and she said they will ask if she has history of this ( grrrrrrr typical
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
the vets just phoned no dermadex?? so she can start the steroids in the morning, she said it is a very low dose, she did say there was a small amount of yeast which she said concerned her as i had washed her feet this morning in hibiscrub, so has anyone used coatex?? also she said the skin scrape is not the best test for dermadex would be better to sedate her and remove a piece of skin, but as the insurance wont pay out i will try the shampoo and if she has to have that test then will have to pay for it myself
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 03:22 PM
silly question. do you use Shate n vac/fabreeze/plug ins/ air freshners or anything like these?

and what do you feed her?
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2011, 03:25 PM
i have got plug ins but always used them since i had her never use shake n vac, they were on a salmon and potato food but i have moved and started them yesterday on csj 21 which is hypoallegnic but she started doing this before i changed her food, she has always been a foot licker but now she is chewing the skin, just bathed her and put some socks on her feet, the vet said its best to start the steroids in the morning
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 03:28 PM
this might sound daft...remove the plug ins...they have been known to cause all sorts of allergies in dogs (and cats). I had probs with my Roughie for exactly the same thing, removed the Plug in and sorted within days. Might be worth a go (even if you have used them for a while, allergies cant start at any time)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >