Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 07:08 AM

Daily Thread, Easter Sunday. 1st April.

Just got back from walking Amber, at least it is dry out there.
Hope you are all enjoying Easter and the weather stays nice for you.

Griff, your bedroom is going to look fantastic when you have finished it. Love the colours you have chosen.

Chris, hope you are feeling better this morning.

Have a good day everyone, God bless. xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Thanks Moyra, the hard part is done, just saving up for the other bits will be a pain
Mum and dad have arrived in Vegas, hope they win loads of money!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Happy Easter everyone.

Nothing planned here Gerty walked and some washing done and on the line but not much hope held out that the rain will hold off however so far so good.

Have great day all.

Happy Easter Sunday all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Morning oyra, griff, Kazz and all to follow.
Happy easter to all.

Miserable wet grey weather here still.

Had a lovely Friday afternoon/ evening with Michael and Maca managed to put on my very surprised face and it worked.
Had a lovely book on hidden gardens of East Anglia and lovely little dish to put olives or nibbles in to. Had already had a beautiful birthday flowers the week before.
They went down the local chippy later and bought us all fish and chips for tea Friday and cooked breakfast Saturday before they left for a busy weekend back in London with friends.

Chris hope the throat is feeling better.
Moyra glad to hear you are slowly improving.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Kazz, keep an eye on your washing...think we have weather warnings later
Awwwww Lynn, how lovely and pleased the surprised look worked lol
Ate my Easter egg already and the little bag of Freddo Faces lol...I am a little piggy
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Hello Moyra, good to see you back and you are feeling better, just take it easy until you're really sorted.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday, will be out with Casey & Lara soon, a bit dull here but so far no rain.

Griff so Mum & Dad are in Las Vegas, you say you hope they win loads, I say hope they don't loose loads

Lynn, soon be time to get out and look at houses, bet you can't wait. Any news from next door on the sale of the flat.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Hahaha Harvey...my mum has control of the money, dad was a gambler when we were young...used to put 200 quid a night in the bandit...back in the 80/90's a lot of money
His mate give him a silver dollar to put in a bandit and said be lucky so fingers crossed... could do with a bit of cash at the moment....so many pretty things I want to buy lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2018, 12:36 PM
No news yet on the sale of the flat Harvey. Beth is panicking as she knows we will be marketing in May, doesn't mean they won't sell before anyone else makes us an offer. I am under no illusions we will be here a good while while on the market.
Of course if the plans which have been re-submitted get passed we will be sitting tight till the access road is done no point trying to sell if there is disruption at the bottom of the garden. That will give Paul and Beth longer to sell as they still want to buy if possible even if access road goes in.
We have given them the chance to change their minds if it goes ahead because if access road goes in they get their access rights we have back. They may decide to spend the money on the flat on something else.
At the moment they still want to buy as investment property access road or not.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 12:50 PM
I think in an ideal world Lynn, we would all love the opportunity to control who lives next to us...i guess that's what paul and beth would like to do...as long as you give the relevant notice and adhere to the notice periods etc if you get bad tenants you can get shot of them.
Mum just Text, they are getting ready for their flight over the grand canyon, they are going in a little plane, it is the company whose helicopter crashed the other month..... i have said that now is the best time to go as all the aircraft will have had to be thoroughly inspected.
i have just looked at the cost of skips, crikey, i had no idea they were so expensive! thinki will put my junk in the garage and get a skip when mum and dad come back
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Hope mum and dad enjoy the flight grif think it must be an amazing place to see.

The main reason Paul and Beth want to buy is the drive. If the access road doesn't go through and we move and they cannot buy they have to let the next people in use their access rights over the drive. They own it but anyone living here has legal right of way over it.
They are worried they may not get someone in as easy going as as we are. I know in the end I put my foot down about the overnight parking that stretched from 3 weeks to nearly two years, but we rarely use it unnecessarily.
We rarely use it to access the back or go out the front for a walk with Dillon, or when the garden is a wet mess. When they are away we do but when they are home we mostly use to drive the car on and off and rarely use it for any other form of access, next people may use it to the advantage they legally have we try to respect it is their drive and use accordingly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >