Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Orkney is shut

Snow everywhere, all roads blocked with bl@@dy snow. I won't get out to my day centre, and it's doubtful that Tesco will be restocked. So let's not have anyone posting about how they'd like more of it! Only a total idiot would want this!

Snorri
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Snow everywhere, all roads blocked with bl@@dy snow. I won't get out to my day centre, and it's doubtful that Tesco will be restocked. So let's not have anyone posting about how they'd like more of it! Only a total idiot would want this!

Snorri
I must be an idiot then hurt my feelings

Then again I don't want it til after Monday...hope you manage to get about soon
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Idiot here as well.

None here in Devon but some forcast it will be are first snowfall of the season if it arrives, and we will be happy bunnies in the morning if it does.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I take it that neither of you are wheelchair-bound? There is a 4-foot pile of the damn stuff just outside my front door.

Snow is not nice. Snow is not fun. Snow is a damned nuisance, even in small quantities.

Tomorrow, I won't get to my day centre. Tomorrow, nobody will be able to shop for me. Tomorrow, my dog won't get his walk. Tomorrow is cancelled, all because of this white s***.

Damned stuff.

Snorri
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I admit to being pretty fed up with it especially as the last couple of days some of it thawed and then iced over. Lana hasn't been for her usual run around the park as the park is so icy I can't walk in it and the snow is so hard with chunks of ice I worry about her cutting her paws.

We're reduced to walking up and down the high street in the town as the pavements in the other streets aren't great for walking on. It was snowing a bit earlier tonight again and I am getting sick of it too.

My dad needs his mobility scooter to get about so he hasn't been out the house for about 3 weeks now and it looks like it will be a while longer before it's safe for him to go out.

It must be worse for you if you are wheelchair bound as the snow is so thick it'll be impossible to get the chair through it plus up there you're probably getting even more snow than the rest of us. You have my sympathy.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2010, 08:24 AM
I can well understand your frustration, it must be a great worry for you because it's just not safe to go out. Do you have anyone that could come and give you a hand? Try not to get too irate, Everything always goes wrong when you lose your temper x
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Snorri you are in Kirkwall aren't you? I'm attempting to get out and about to do some home visits so if you're short of supplies give me a shout and I could get some stocks for you?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Sorry to hear your snowed in hun, I know how you must be feeling, my Mom is wheelchair bound if she wants to go out and she had enough last time round.

However I must say I love it....but then Im a nutter
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Snow is pants..ice is pants...sleet is pants...cold rain is pants! Hope it doesn't last long and you can get out n about again soon.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Yep, we hate it here too, it's bad enough for us to get about when we're able bodied so I can imagine the frustrations your are feeling Snorri.

Hopefully you can get in touch with Peedie, what a lovely offer, and at least you will have some supplies.

You take care.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »