View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Yep that currently is the only law your dog must have a tag with your name and address on it nothing else. Mine have a tag and are chipped!
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Mine have address tags, chipped tags, pet log tags, and tob has his pat tag.
They are all registered with our local dog warden and on the database, so they have that tag on their collars as well.

I have thought about buying these electronic tags were you list it all, on 1 tag as it can hold medical info.esp for toby what he needs etc.
But then if they lose 1 they have lost all the info.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 07:06 PM
My Cats were tattooed and are still slightly readable, my Borders were done at the same time and were completely illegible by the time they were fully grown, i wouldnt do it again, plus which its more painful for the animal.

I was VERY anti micro-chip, but mow am a trained microchipper! I have 3 dogs and a cat to do next week, 2 show dogs, and a cat and dog rescue, neither of which were done where they came from.

We were told you MUST scan the whole of the dogs body for migrating chips and I check my own dogs and Cats regularly. The breeder did my latest kitten before I had him, the others were done when they were neutered, I did the pup myself and the vet did the other dogs.
Dawn.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2007, 07:12 PM
None of mine have tatts as id.
But i understand this thread right, most of them are clear when they are done and became un readable as the dog gets older? why?
Does the ink fade as the time goes on? What effect does the growth have to do with it? I would think the text would get bigger along with the ear.
Some also do the legs don't they,is it any better there?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 07:28 PM
The ink faded with mine and the hair grew inside the ear which also masked it. Gsd types seem to be the best at retaining tattooes, Greyhounds too, i expect because they have no hair at all inside their ears.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6