Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Afternoon all

Not long up and feeling tired but work tonight. Hey ho.

Sorry to hear things are not brilliant on the health and temper front all round, people and animals.
But hey if we are here to complain then we are good. Going to continue stripping the wallpaper off the walls in the living room then will line it this week ready to hang the paper next week. Got to do the ceiling first.

Anyhow,L
Lynn glad you are thinking of moving it will do your mind the World of good I think. Where are you thinking of looking/moving too down or upsizing?

Nippy I take Naproxen when my back gets bad, hope you both feel better soon there. Shooting is rather excessive and a waste of a bullet a big hammer may be easier................LOL

Moyra Any luck with contacting your landlady about the privacy issue? and hope your leg is better soon what fish does Steve keep I have a basic tropical tank now with nothing elaboate, used to keep Malawi chiclids
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

Hope your leg soon gets better Moyra and your shoulder too Nippy. Hope Brian's got is also moving on.

You stay put June and only do what is necessary everything else can wait until you are fully recovered.

If I were you Lynn I would just do what really needs to be done and then get the house on the market asap.

Do hope LG is ok but he did say he would see us in the New Year so was not expecting his computer back quickly.

Dull and miserable here this morning. Thick mist when we went out to a garden centre. Had a £5 voucher that needed spending so have bought my vegetable seeds with it. Now just have to wait for the weather to improve.

Have a good day and stay warm
What will you be growing............I am considering for the first time ever growing some....not sure yet.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2017, 05:11 PM
I would like to stay in this village or nearer to our vet Kazz while we have Dillon I cannot consider moving more than 1/2 hour away.
our vet is exceptional and really do not want to chance finding another as good. Doubt you could to be honest.
We like the village and know a few people here if only to say hello to.
If we could get 3 bedrooms I would be happy it is a struggle with 2 when the family stay and a bungalow might be nice.

I have my eye on a little cottage further up the village always liked it since moving here then it went on the market and sold in days. Back on the market just before christmas. Does need a lot modernising but has 1/4 of an acre Dillon would love that. So hoping if we can sell ours and that is still up for sale there should be some negotiating to be done.
I suppose if it's meant to be it will be all will depend of course on whether this access road gets approval quite possibly we will know this month.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Hoping the access road permission goes through this month for you Lynn. Would be lovely if you got the cottage with the land as well, make such a difference wouldn't it.
Not been wonderful really today. Slept again this morning till lunchtime. Girls are really fed up with it now, can't say I blame them, but I can't risk taking them out, if I did it in ones even round the block and back I don't think I'd make it either. Its been raining again most of the day.
Once I've had a couple of Lemsips I do seem able to do something, cleaned the yard and did fresh bedding this afternoon, that was it though. Friend rang who's known me years and said she has never ever known me to be this ill for this long and can't believe how rough I sound. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad.
Girls got chicken carcass for tea and I'm hoping there's not much mess to clear up. Hoping tomorrow is better and I get them for at least a walk about
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Think you're wise June not venturing out with the girls. I am sure they forgive you.
Do hope you feel better soon.
The land would be nice yes but we'll see.

Sue the seeds sound interesting. Will maybe be thinking about growing a few bits again this year.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Sorry you are still feeling so ill June hope whatever it is you have goes very soon.

The cottage sounds nice Lynn and as you say if it is meant to be then it is yours.

Don't work too hard Kazz.

I am looking at growing peas, sprouts, runner beans, Savoy cabbage, spring onions, beetroot, parsnips , carrots in containers as no luck in the ground, cucumbers in the green house and tomatoes and also got some Internation Kidney seed potatoes. Apparently they are Jersey Royals but as they are not being grown in Jersey you can't call them that. May also try growing lettuce in a large container as they don't seem to grow in the ground. So busy busy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Going to be hard work sue but very rewarding.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2017, 07:49 PM
TW, i have taken kota out for the first time in a week today...nearly killed me!! don't go getting ahead of yourself
hope everyone else who is poorly will soon be on the mend
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Evening All. Contrary to popular belief I'm still extant.
Flu hit me on Xmasday and the Mem came down with it the day after, we're still both coughing and sneezing and feel like sh1t, if you'll pardon the expression, it is however very apt,
The Mem very kindly bought me a new computermybob for Xmas and this is only the second time I've been on it as I.m not at all in the mood for messing with a new and somewhat delicate bit of technology.
Tess is in season, Danger Curls hates her, Fagin is madly in love with Tess but is sulking like mad because of course he is forbidden contact. The last thing I want for Easter is a litter of 10 or so big bouncy lurcher babies. Gypsy has now healed and is keeping herself aloof from all the turgid goings on of the rest of them, having taken to wandering about the place with the air of the Dowager Duchess from Downton Abbey (she can and does, give a very withering stare!).
Seems that June has a similar type of bug - hope it doesn't last as long as ours for her - typical of things up here it seems bigger and nastier than everybody elses! LOL !
Glad Deags is now doing fine, Griff, hope you too are on the mend
Too much else in the catch up to mention everyone individually as I am sure you will all realise but my best wishes and those of my beloved Mem to everyone and their furry companions, with just one exception:
Eileen - It was with really great sorrow that I read of the passing of your lovely Mum. Please accept our deepest and most sincere condolences. She will live forever in your hearts and the smiles of her little great grand-daughters. Love from G and The Mem. XX
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Nice to see you LG. Oh dear all the shenanigans with Tess in season and sulking going on and hateful thoughts not what you need when you and the Mem are both ill.
Wishing you well soon and glad Gypsy is now mended.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >