Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 07:30 AM

Daily Threads, Saturday, January 16

Good Morning all,

Griff hope you are feeling brighter this morning, 1200 calories is not going to put any weight on so it's exercise that is going to help you but walking both dogs each day not a lot more you can do. I am hopelessly overweight.

Lynn, hope you got somewhere with the google sat nav situation and sorted Dillons insurance.

Still dark out there just how long is it going to be before the mornings get lighter?

Have a good day all, take care, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very cold but no frost and miraculously stayed dry overnight too.
Hows the cough today Moyra ? Better I hope.

Well I am popping the car over to the garage this morning for when they open at 9.30. Gorden will walk Dillon while I'm driving over then he will catch up and pick me up then we will pop and get a coffee and some shopping.
Moyra insurance sorted I think will get all that confirmed Monday or Tuesday. No time yesterday for the sat nav stuff ended up researching insurance instead.
Harvey asked about the two year thing they confirmed and it is also on the insurance reviewer site that people have experienced this. So fingers crossed.
griff that's not a lot at all.
LG at the cabbage hope that isn't what knocked your opponents out. Plus the poor mem.
Enjoy the walk June hope you get the opportunity for a nose about.

Hope everyone and doglets well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and all to follow. You won't belive this but when I woke at 4am and looked out the window the car was frost free. 2 hours later it was covered and it has now taken me a while to clear it. The can says easy to use and keeps car frost free. Hm not on one side. But I am sure it will be fine when I go training at 9am. Have a good day all and just be aware that the cabbage can cause global warming. Oh and by the way those people that go running at such an early hour must be mad, mind you I was walking Tyto so I must be mad too.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Hope all goes well with the car Lynn and it is fixed by Monday.

Enjoy the training Brenda

I like to get out early before the numpties appear. It is just the usual walkers when I go out all friendly and considerate to each other. Very cold and frosty this morning and the grass is still covered in frost. Too cold to do anything outside so will clean kitchen cupboards instead

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Cold and frosty here too. Even though I was a good hour later getting up everywhere was white with frost.

Moyra, I just stay in bed later to avoid the dark mornings. I see no need to get up early. Peps is fine. When the days are lighter and warmer well then I will be up early!

Hope you all have a warm safe day xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Lynn what insurance company is it and I'll see if I can get a quote for Cariad and Lona that hasn't added my telephone number to it!!!
-3 here this morning. Nice easy clean up and sweep round. Put girls heat lamps on low for the morning, and once its above freezing I will switch them off till tonight so they'll feel the benefit.
Thats why I go out around 11am, I usually miss everyone then, too late for the morning walkers and too early for the afternoon ones,very occasionally I do meet people, but it is a one off and don't see them again, if at all, for ages. Gives the girls time to digest their brekkies as well as I do worry about bloat.
Griff, its obviously the meds making you put on all the weight, so please don't get worked up and starve to death!!
Nippy, I too see no point in getting up in the dark, I'm not off to work, I don't have to go down to the horses anymore, and there's nowhere I need to be at the crack of dawn,if there was I'd be there. Girls are fine, they never get up till I do
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 12:42 PM
afternoon all
Moyra, hope you are feeling better today
Brenda, hope your legs are feeling o.k today too
Sue, i agree i try to dodge the numpties..round here it is before people go to work, just after the kids go to school, lunchtime and just after school and work finishes....whilst the field is boggy it is o.k but when the summer arrives all the fair weather walkers and their bonkers dogs appear
Lynn, hope you got the car dropped off o.k
TW, you never know, you might be able to get insurance yet
Nippy, deags is like Pepsi, will happily stay in bed, kota....well as soon as you move she thinks it is time to get up
LG, i do like cabbage....well actually i love savoy cabbage..will be careful not to over do it though Lol
dead annoyed, did and asda order and put my mum 3 bottles of lenor fabric softener on there....it is on offer 2.9l for 4 quid, went to pick it up...substitution 1.9l for £4, told them to keep it!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Well back from training and thanks Griff legs are fine today. Training went very well. Including scent work and instant downs. The puppies are getting the hang of watching when doing heelwork too after only one Saturday. Lovely to get them so young and interested. Taken Tyto out and fed him so he is a happy boy. Will probably pop back in later so ttfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Afternoon everyone has been very frosty here this morning. Left at just gone 8.30 because there are 2 gates to open and shut and that takes 10 minutes.
Got to the garage just before 9.30 the web site said they are open 9.30 till 2.30 Saturdays. Guess what they were already open.
Gorden got there about 10 I was ok in the waiting room. We then popped into vanhaage for breakfast the pet shop for Dillons food then over to Iceland in Wisbech.
There has been a dreadful accident on the way home great long queue of traffic ambulance fire engine, we sat in the queue for a while but then turned around and did a detour.

Car was up on ramp before I left for the scoop to be fitted and then the bumper will of come off for prepping for the scratches to be removed.
Having a cuppa now.

June its lifetimepetcover.co.uk they only do lifetime policies. £6000 or £10,000. The £10,000 is just over £65 a month a tenner less than what we are already paying.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Everyone had a good walk this morning, not a soul about, thought there would have been with it being such a nice dry day, very cold, but no rain Anyhow, I really don't want to see anyone at all. On the way back with Cariad and Lona saw the guy over the road who has a rescue older staffy, that always barks at other dogs, so mine barked back of course, but we both smiled and pulled them away and walked on, apart from that no one about. Got half a bag of wet shavings and poo out of both kennels, shows what a difference it makes when there is no monsoon. Switched their heat lamps off till tonight,we've got heavy snow forecast, and I do hope they don't decide they need to play out in itthey can peer out of their nice heated kennels at it, but thats all
Got some logs on the fire and blazing away nicely, sat with a brew and a butty, carrot and pumpkin seed bread, its lovely
Griff, thats ridiculous,they can't have sold out of Lenor surely
Lynn, you sneaked in, thanks for that, am going to check them out for Cariad and Lona
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »