Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 10:28 AM

Bargains

Is anyone else like me?

I am sat here looking for laminate flooring (said I was never going to have it again but it seems the easiest and cheapest option for us). Anyway, I am trawling the internet, looking for the best (cheapest) price. When I find somewhere, I search to see if I can find any vouchers and then look on Quidco to see if there are any cashback offers.

So far, I have got prices ranging from £204 down to £156 with 8% cashback on that.

I did well on my mobile phone as well because I got the most up to date Blackberry for £15 a month cheaper than my provider could give it to me. OH got his for £10 cheaper a month than my sister is paying for the same phone

There is a great deal of satisfaction getting a bargain

Helen
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I do that for EVERYTHING!
Money is better in my pocket than in theirs hehe
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 01:25 PM
hell yes..I have spent this morning trawling websites to find the cheapest place to buy dog and cat food (pref with free delivery!)

Prices ranged from £17.50 - £22.00 for the same item (some adding £4+ for p and p)
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:17 PM
It's amazing, isn't it what you can fine if you search around! I've managed to get my laminate down to £123.43, although that is purely the laminate itself and none of the other bits - I'm having a break from searching lol.

I did my shopping at Aldi this week and did a full weeks shopping for £39. Some of the things they have, I can't believe how they can charge so little when the other supermarkets are charging a lot more!

Helen
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Insane isnt it. I personally no longer use the supermarkets (except Aldi and Iceland) as I feel the "offers" are not really true, and TBH I find them expensive.

I do shop around for most things. Tho I am struggling to find a good game dealer!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I am sick of been "conned" at the big supermarkets. It's worse when I don't have much time so can't compare.

I'm after an Indiana Jones Lego game and have found a real range of prices. Hoping to get it in Tesco though as I have £18 of vouchers I haven't used. Always useful to check on their website to see how many unused vouchers there are.

Helen
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Amazon are usually pretty good for things like that Helen.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 04:22 PM
See I always wonder if there must a market for that - searching for bargains for someone?!

There must be loads of people in my boat, I would love to have the time to search about but I barely have enough time in my day to wonder what to make for dinner nevermind shop around to buy it

Oh and yes I'm well aware of the irony in claiming I have no time whilst posting on an internet forum lol
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I am ashamed to say that I rarely shop around properly for bargains. I know I probably should, but just find it too dull.

I did a shop in Aldi just before Christmas - purely because I had so little time to shop before going to my son's nursery nativity and I am glad I don't have to do it all the time, as I wasn't really impressed with their range or the quality - although it was definitely cheaper than Tesco who I usually use.

I know we have had this discussion before elsewhere Helen, but I really do not know how you manage to shop for a family for a week for £39!!! You will have to let me in on the secret!

Since doing my food shop online, I have found that I don't spend quite as much - as I just tend to buy things we need or we want, rather than the temptation of various goodies when browsing around a supermarket.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 05:13 PM
My last weekly shop cost me over £100
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >