Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2013, 06:50 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. Happy St. Patricks day.

It is a mixed bag of weather at the moment in this part of the world. Looks like the sun is trying to get through but some very grey clouds overhead and I do believe there are little spots of rain on the french door windows.
We really need to get the outside jobs done now so we can market the house so I want this wet weather to stop. Plenty to do inside today and over the next two days though so the wet weather has a week to go away. If it wants to disappear before then that would be even better.
More pavement pounding for us then as it is now very wet again on the fields and I don't think Dillon would fare well being bundled up in a coat of any kind he would overheat in seconds. He does need to kick those paws up though to expel some pent up energy. Lots of mad games on the cards today methinks.

Jenny hope you had a good night last night and are not to fragile this morning.
June hoping for some positive news on Ash today.
Jenny hope you have recovered from the birthday party yesterday and are having a quiet day today.
Pat hoping the news from your part of the world will not affect you.
Malka hoping Pereg didn't disturb you to much during the night and it was a more restful one for you.
Helena hope all is well with you.
Gerri hoping your day is less manic at work if you are working.
Bev hoping Lily's paw is better today and that your turmoil is closer to being sorted.
I hope I haven't missed anyone. For those I may of missed or have woken up or gone to bed with illness or problems we didn't know about here's hoping you are feeling better today and if having problems that they sort themselves really soon. That of course goes for our furry friends too.

Have a lovely Sunday and stay safe and dry if possible.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

Busy day today. It's my son's birthday and we are going over to see family in Barnsley. Looking forward to seeing them, but not to spending 5 hours in the car today.

Hope everyone has a good day and a safe one x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Lynn, Chris and everyone

Bad night here Poor Dave couldn't sit or lie down. He's done something to his back which makes the backs of both his legs cause a severe pulling pain all down the backs of both. Strange cos I know all about sciatica and it's always the sides and front of the legs, plus the buttocks, but he says his is from his back straight down both legs. He's fine when walking, so he's been up and down all night

This in turn, has disturbed Zena's sleep, he didn't give her biscuits in the middle of the night when he got up, so she's just chucked up some bile now

Me? I'm ok!!!! Oh Lordy gimme strength though....

Enjoy all that tittivating at yours Lynn, and Chris have a fab day out with your son today.

Everyone else, hope you have a lovely Sunday and I'll be back later once I've seen to my invalids here.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Lynn, Brierley and all

It doesn't look too promising here today weather wise, there is even talk of snow for some of us. I am working this afternoon but am hoping to get the two youngsters out on the bike, it's been a while partly because of the snow. I have noticed a considerable improvement in them when we are on foot which I am very pleased about. The older dogs will just have shorter walk through the woods, that will make them happy.

I hope you get a reasonable walk with Dillon today he must get very soggy when the pavements are wet.

Happy Birthday to your son Brierley, have a safe journey.

I do hope Ash finds his forever home soon although we will miss his pics.

Terrible situation for the people who have money in the banks in Cyprus, it doesn't encourage you to save does it. I just give thanks we didn't go down that particular route.

Have a good day everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning H

I am sorry to hear about Dave's predicament, he should ring the NHS helpline and see what they suggest. I would get him to the docs when you can. Has he been lifting things that are heavy? Maybe it's something to do with a disc.

I hope you can get some rest today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H

I am sorry to hear about Dave's predicament, he should ring the NHS helpline and see what they suggest. I would get him to the docs when you can. Has he been lifting things that are heavy? Maybe it's something to do with a disc.

I hope you can get some rest today.
Morning Gerry and thanks for that, I think I'll do the online bit and see what they come up with! Good idea, thanks.xx
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Good morning Lynn Morning All
Weather looking better today hopefully a drier walk today
Good luck with the DIY jobs ,
Ahh as if Dillon would get up tp any mad games ��
Not much on today
Nice bit of Roast Beef n home made Sticky Toffee pud for afters
Hope all poorly folks n doglets are on the mend everyone enjoy their day ,that ever their up to
Enjoy St Patricks day ������������
Take care stay safe
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Lily had a lovely time round at Fred and Carols house yesterday when we were invited for tea and biscuits, which ended up cake and coffee .
Lots more washing here today and I am going to try and decorate my bathroom if I can summon the energy, I've only had 5 hours sleep since Friday with everything going on here and worrying.

Looks like its going to rain here again soon, but at least I managed to get lily out for a nice long walk early in the dry, I've stripped my bed and the sheets are washing but I think its going to mean drying them in the tumble dryer yet again as I have wet clothes hanging everywhere in the house.

Roast chicken for dinner today and chicken salad wraps for lunch.

Happy birthday to your son Chris.
H I hope Dave is ok. Do you have a walk in center anywhere nearby he could go to? If not i would contact NHS direct as Gerry suggested.

Take care all and have a good day whatever you are doing.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Sorry to hear Daves in so much discomfort and gets better soon
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Apologies folks my first post should have had smilie faces n 4 leaf clovers Ended up wee squares dohhh
Think the days starting to go down hill !!!!!!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »