Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Have I got to start the car again Foxy????

Take it back and politely demand to see the Manager of the store. Very politely ask him/her to commit to paper the fault as he accepts it and his reason for not exchanging the item. Ask for his full name and the Head Office address and complaints department, also the Head Office and complaints departments address for the manufacturer of the Laptop and explain that you will be writing to both asking for an explaination of their returns policies and enquiring about training in regards to the customer attitude from senior members of staff.
Yes I think that some of the staff at PC world could definitely do with witnessing the 'Ashlady experience' (for those who don't know its where she pins them against the wall ) The assistant said that he would get the manager but he would say the same thing, they don't exchange for this reason at all, so it seems there is little else we can do
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2005, 09:54 PM
They do an exchange policy though. I bought something before and decided I did not like it, they refused a refund even though the product was not as it looked on the net but were willing to exchange. I would go to a different pc world store and chance it for an exchange as you dont think it lives up to expectations.

Never again Im finished with pc world
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Foxy, not sure if hte same applies to laptops but: http://www.microdirect.co.uk/tftinfo.aspx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Hi Foxy, not sure if hte same applies to laptops but: http://www.microdirect.co.uk/tftinfo.aspx

Thanks Azz, it doesn't look like we can ask for an exchange then reading this does it They said that it might regenerate itself and suddenly disappear.
Richard
New Member!
Male 

03-08-2005, 12:06 AM
This is known in the industry as "ALLOWABLE DEFECT"

What the industry allows and what you allow may not be the same thing. And as you were not told any of this APS (at point of sale) you can still ask for your money back. they told you of no change to your rights.

The way i see this is they are being very back handed about it! lets face it if your labtop was on show when you went to buy it and you seen this, there is no way in hell you would buy it. so tell them this and get your money back, then only buy a labtop from them after you have seen it going.

if that don't work just shout alot and stay in the store for 3 or more hours
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2005, 07:35 AM
I think you may be covered by the sale of goods act, where I think it states that if an item is not fit for it's use you can demand either a replacement of equal quality or a refund. Don't quote me on that but it goes something like that.

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Ian
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Take it back.
It may be allowable but it's not acceptable.
I bought a second hand laptop for my daughter and she takes it back and forth to college so it's had a fair few knocks and she doesn't have any dead pixels on hers.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-08-2005, 09:50 PM
What did u do after Foxy? Did u take it back?
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
What did u do after Foxy? Did u take it back?
Azz, a really really helpful person emailed Tosh and got a reault for Foxy
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Azz, a really really helpful person emailed Tosh and got a reault for Foxy

Err I wonder who that could have been then Ashlady

All I can say is that the people at Toshiba had a very lucky escape
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >