View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Lynn, one thing i will say for most Mechanics is that when we get a car come in with a problem that refuses to get solved, it becomes a bit of a battle of the wills...we never ever want to be beaten!!! Lol you might chuck your spanners about and swear a lot but you won't let the car beat you...my worst thing ever was a discovery with water leaks, i must have seen that car every week for 2 months Lol i stopped one and another bl**dy one popped up, i must admit i was more than tempted to go and torch the damn thing Lol
Hahaha Domestic godess indeed! i really don't know what that boy has done to me...i think he has broken me, last time i looked after a bloke was when i was 21 so it is quite strange for me.
TW, it is horrible when any dog goes into the vet but i think we all seem much more confident when they are younger, as they get older i think we naturally worry about things more, i have every confidence she will be fine!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 02:16 PM
My garden wall has been decimated to ground level. So no protection to the property. He is supposed to erect a line of metal fencing. God knows whether he will. I am Bald!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Oh no Moyra.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Moyra, was it agreed before he even started that a new fence would go up in its place immediately
Kesh laid between 2 fans in the utility, she's a big girl, but has managed to spread herself out so she is even bigger, to prevent anyone else coming and getting the benefit of the fans.
Tidying round, mopping and hoovering so I won't have to do much the first couple of days after her op.
Phoned the EA and spoke to a lovely guy about the debris and how it was metal fencing that could well end up blocking the river up by the bridge if we had another flood this year and then the whole lot would spread out over the village, and up my road (can't have that can we) so he has taken it all down, read it back to me and reported it for me.
Lynn, I am hoping that once this glitch has been cleared you will have many happy trouble free years with the car.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Well don Griff on all your cooking today. I hope everyone appreciates your skills.

As has been said Moyra the wall is not our problem but some form of protection should be erected until a new wall is built.

Hope all goes well with the car tomorrow Lynn and that this is the problem and all sorted and you have many happy miles ahead of you.

Yes June bulbs can be put in between now and October so no need for you to hurry. Lovely photos of the girls on the river and hope your complaint is taken seriously and it is cleared soon.

Hope you are ok Nippy and home soon

Been out for lunch and also bought some winter pansies which are now in the trough in the front and some in the back garden.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Steve has gone out to put his dust sheets over the metal fencing. I am not sure that will do the trick it will only entice would be hackers to get into the garden. I am uneasy!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You are a saint disguised as a blue haired harpy Griff
I've just got a new pin number, well it says it is. I can't see anything at all, have tried rubbing it with a key, nuffink at all showing, held it up to the light, nuffink
Got them onto the river, there is even more debris than last time I was on there, probably due to the height of the water a few weeks ago. The EA was here last week moving all the debris from under the bridge into the village and I asked them about moving it, and she said to either ring or go on their site and it may get seen to. I'm going to have a look into that, because there is so much large metal fencing there now that if it got stuck under the bridge during high water, then it could cause real problems, and besides that I will then be able to get everyone onto the river if they move it. She thought it was a shame I couldn't get them all down there anymore as well.
Here's some piccies from this morning

Considering the way Zen was leaping about, I was expecting her to be limping again, there is a bit of a limp, but nothing like last Friday.
Moyra, that landlady of yours wants stringing up, she really does, its her responsibility, then if she wants to take it up with the Housing Association after its repaired then so be it.
Ah - lovely Lona! She looks so glossy!! Super pics as always June x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Thanks Nikki. Just got to get her through tomorrow and out the other side, hoping the fact she is in such good health gives her what she needs to come through
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2016, 08:47 PM
'evening all

Moyra as everyone says that wall needs sorting and must be down to either your landlady, the council, or the housing association, I can't think how you can be involved or in any way responsible.
Hope the chemo was not too bad Griff and I'm impressed with those meals, not only a dab hand with the socket set but can cook as well, can't be many like you around
Hoping your little op goes OK Jenny and also that soon you can exit your house at both the front and the back.
Sue, I read your bit about the rasberry, I would really like toknow what variety you bought as we don't have any here and I'm considering getting some for next year. Had an invasion of the dreaded 'red berry mite' so blackberries were a write off

Have been AWOL a couple of days due entirely to the 'man cave' occupying more time than it should. Basic problem is that the new wooden shed which I had installed is not big enough so I've had to utilise the garage as well. That has meant re-arranging the layout. The shed is in the only position it can go and occupies the space but just is not big enough. There's no lighting in either right now so I want to finish the layout before the shorter days start. Lighting will be the last job.

Lara is really settling in and she gets on with Casey so well, they are a perfect pair. She has been showing signs that she is looking at it as her home, she has been exploring the boundary fence, getting behind the wooden shed and nearly getting stuck best of all today (on our walk) she went investigating a squirrel in the forrest and ended up looking up into a tree like she really wanted to climb up it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Got them onto the river, there is even more debris than last time I was on there, probably due to the height of the water a few weeks ago. The EA was here last week moving all the debris from under the bridge into the village and I asked them about moving it, and she said to either ring or go on their site and it may get seen to. I'm going to have a look into that, because there is so much large metal fencing there now that if it got stuck under the bridge during high water, then it could cause real problems, and besides that I will then be able to get everyone onto the river if they move it.
June, what fabulous photos, they do love their river don't they I hope the EA take action because as you say a large build up of things like metal fencing will cause problems at some point in time and better to sort it now than wait until it's a much bigger problem. Having said that I dare say there are lots of river damage which needs sorting around your area after all the rain and wet weather we had earlier in the year.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >