View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Snow and freezing here. I tried to drive the 10 mile trip to where Shady loves to go for her run, but the council in thier wisdom had not gritted the roads so it was too dangerous and we only made a mile and went into another field.
I was frozen it was blowing a blizzard and I had no hat or gloves. I threw the frisbee for about 10 mins and then we headed back to the car which was already buried in snow.
Took me half hour to travel the mile home and people were leaving thier cars on the side of the road.
I then turned straight round and took Milo out for his walk on foot and am now home trying to thaw out my blue looking hands with a mug of hot coffee.
Wish my dogs didn't want to walk in this weather but they leave me no choice in the matter
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Yesterday we all (except Gozo) went to the park, including kids! Decided that we all needed the fresh air and exercise (except Gozo who had had enough excitement attending his first show in the morning). Have to say that I somewhat regretted it when we got there, it was freeeeeezing!

We met a doggy friend and some kids we know, I guess we just must be hardier down here (or maybe it isn't as cold as it is out in the wilds)

Best part was coming home to thaw out with hot cocoa and marshmallows, yum!

J
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I work with a group of teens on Sat. mornings so afterwards I take the dogs to the Park to combine Lunch & Dog Walking. Usually we are glared at by the weekend families but today we sat in magnificent isolation as I clung to a mug of hot chocolate and the dogs kindly helped me with a Bacon Sarnie. Just me and two other GSD owners in the Park today.
Was it the sub-zero temperatures or has everyone begun their Christmas Shopping?

Fairweather walkers
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Snow and freezing here. I tried to drive the 10 mile trip to where Shady loves to go for her run, but the council in thier wisdom had not gritted the roads so it was too dangerous and we only made a mile and went into another field.
I was frozen it was blowing a blizzard and I had no hat or gloves. I threw the frisbee for about 10 mins and then we headed back to the car which was already buried in snow.
Took me half hour to travel the mile home and people were leaving thier cars on the side of the road.
I then turned straight round and took Milo out for his walk on foot and am now home trying to thaw out my blue looking hands with a mug of hot coffee.
Wish my dogs didn't want to walk in this weather but they leave me no choice in the matter
Tis sunny and 8c here, no snow
Mr Nippy took Mo out this morning whils I started lunch. He said he met all the usual friends and stood talking. There was 4 GSD a Yorkie, Mo and 2 Setters. He said a lady and Gent came around the corner and just froze saying "Oh my God" when they saw all the dogs off lead They are all very good though and never bother anyone, just play together and all with good recall.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Whereas today the Beach was even emptier...not even dogwalkers!
Where`s everyone gone Shamus?

Danged if I know

Better leg it...might be sharks!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Whereas today the Beach was even emptier...not even dogwalkers!
Where`s everyone gone Shamus?

Danged if I know

Better leg it...might be sharks!
lovely pics more room to romp. Bet it's not like that in the summer
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2