Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Shona;1528728]
Thank you Shona, will give Loki your hugs.[/qoute]

I really feel for people in your possiton.. but I never know what to say on these threads. I have no experiance of dogs fitting...

but I do like to come in and give some hugs....x
Aw Shona, I appreciate everyone's messages to Loki - and to me and hugs are special from all who send them!! So again, many thanks

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I am so sorry to be reading of Loki having had more fits today. Poor girl and you of course. I can imagine what you both are going through. Take care to you both and healing thoughts from our end xxxxxxx
Many thanks WW for your healing thoughts. I always feel helpless to start with when she takes them. It is nearly 6 months since her last lot but it is always a shock when they start again.

Many thanks again

Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
Rose i'm sending you and loki loads of love. I know its not easy for you but you always deal with it so well. Wishing her well, and no more fits. Bug hugs xxx from me and the gang xxx
Many thanks Lupus - I will give Loki big hugs from you. How I detest them, as other owners who have dogs with epilepsy do as well. Again, many thanks, I appreciate your message very much.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh Rose, so sorry to hear about poor Loki. Hope this is the last of them for a while now. Give her a hug from myself and the girls and an extra big cuddle for you from us all as well. Wish I lived nearer, I could at least come round and make you a cup of tea and hold your hand.
Aw thank you TW and I too wish you lived nearer me - I am starving at the moment but I am really frightened to leave her in here just in case she needs me!! I am gasping for a cuppa!! Many thanks for the hugs from you and the girls for her as well. I will certainly pass them on.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I am so sorry to hear this, she is one of my favourites, I do hope she will be fine. Gentle Hugs from me and the gang. Always here if needed Hun xxxxxx
Many thanks YS. As I said above, it was a shock when she took the first one earlier as it is nearly 6 months since her last lot of fits (24 in total the last time). They are a curse on these dogs and I wish I could get my hands on the breeders!!

I appreciate your message very much.

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry to hear this news...what a worry for you. I have everything crossed that she is well for the foreseeable future, please give her a big hug from me too.
Thank you Scorpio. It does help me coming on here and telling about her - being on my own I feel it more for her,if you know what I mean. I do so appreciate everyone's wishes, including your lovely message. I will give her your hugs and thank you

Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Hugs to Loki
Many thanks and will pass on your hugs to Loki, MW

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Very sorry to hear this, i hope she is ok.
Do you not know who bred Loki?
Many thanks BD and, yes I know who bred her.

Thank you again, for your message.

Originally Posted by Briard Lover View Post
I'm so sorry to about Loki, sending you both lots of hugs.
Aw many thanks Briard Lover. I get upset when she starts her fits. It is something that no one gets used to!

Will give her hugs from you and thank you for my hugs

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
So sorry to hear this Rose. I know exactly what you're going through. Cassie had one on October 30th and that was the first since her first ones in July. It lulls you into a false sense of security when they've been ok for a while.
I'm a mess when it's happening but as our vet said, it's so much worse for us than them. Big hugs honey. You know where we are if you need us. xxxx Cassie sends gently hugs from a fellow epileptic xxxx
Many thanks WH. Yes, you will understand - I do feel sorry for Cassie. My vet told me that as well but it is still difficult to know that!!! This is her first lot since 19 May. I was hoping they would stay away a bit longer because she is on the extra an extra Phenobarb morning and night - 3 phenos in the morning along with a Potassium Bromide and 3phenos in the evening. I also have to give her rectal diazepam and she has had two of them now. I hope Cassie is hail and hearty. Many thanks again for your good wishes.
Take care.

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi Rose Have just caught up with this.

So sorry to hear that Loki is fitting again.

Her puppy pics are gorgeous btw.

Her breeder and others like her who knowinglly breed from dogs with epilepsy are the pits, don't these people realise the heartache and upset they cause to the owners of these poor dogs.

Thinking of you both . love Eunice xxxx
Many thanks Eunice. She was a lovely wee pup - still is a lovely bigger one In many ways, she still is a pup. Those blasted fits spoiled her puppyhood. I would love to be in the same room as the breeder who bred from an epileptic dog. Those breeders give breeders a bad name. They are the scum of the earth.

Many thanks again, Eunice. Will be in touch. Take care.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
((Hugs))) for you and Loki. xx
Many thanks Lynn for your wishes. Both Loki and I appreciate them

She has had another two fits since I posted about her fits. One just 20 mins ago. I gave her another rectal diazepam. Just before that last one, she got up and went into the kitchenette and I had to give her more food. They do get so hungry after fits!! I also gave her more ice cream after the fits. Helps bring her round quicker.

Again, everyone, many many thanks for all your wishes and hugs.

Take care.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Oh Rose, not again. Poor Lokie, and poor you having to witness these distressing scenes. At least it's been since months since her last lot of fits, that's something, I suppose.

Why don't you know who bred her? Is she a rescue?
Take good care of yourself and Loki, Rose, hope she doesn't have any more fits any time soon.

Hi Nicola Loki was not a rescue and if you look back you will see that Rose has not said she does not know who bred Loki.

She has not been back on to answer Borderdawn's question, as to who bred her as she is probably too concerned with Loki at the moment.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Nicola Loki was not a rescue and if you look back you will see that Rose has not said she does not know who bred Loki.

She has not been back on to answer Borderdawn's question, as to who bred her as she is probably too concerned with Loki at the moment.
Hi Eunice,

Obviously I didn't see that answer otherwise I wouldn't have asked and it goes without saying that Rose's main concern at the moment is Loki. Please don't patronise me - thanks.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Sending some gentle hugs to you both. Such a beautiful girl. It must be so very hard.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Eunice,

Obviously I didn't see that answer otherwise I wouldn't have asked and it goes without saying that Rose's main concern at the moment is Loki. Please don't patronise me - thanks.

However, if she's not a rescue and Rose doesn't know who bred her, then where did Loki come from?
Hi again Nicola I was not patronising you merely giving you an answer. and as regards the highlighted part Rose has not said she does not know who bred her. Her post and my last post crossed and if you look now you will see she has replied to Borderdawn.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi again Nicola I was not patronising you merely giving you an answer. and as regards the highlighted part Rose has not said she does not know who bred her. Her post and my last post crossed and if you look now you will see she has replied to Borderdawn.
Hi Eunice,

Just seen the reply - thanks.

Rose,

How is Loki now? I really hope you are able to get hold of her breeder eventually. I wonder if her siblings have epilepsy.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh Rose, not again. Poor Lokie, and poor you having to witness these distressing scenes. At least it's been since months since her last lot of fits, that's something, I suppose.

Why don't you know who bred her? Is she a rescue?

Take good care of yourself and Loki, Rose, hope she doesn't have any more fits any time soon.
Many thanks Westie N and I think I posted my other responses at about the same time you posted and I missed yours and the others. My apologies. Loki took another fit whilst I was responding, so that is what took me so long to answer!! I think Eunice has kindly mentioned that I had responded to Borderdawn's question about my knowing who bred Loki. As you now obviously know, I do know who bred her. I think I mentioned in a past post a long time ago about Loki's parents having been PTS. The mother was PTS before I got Loki and I was told it was because someone had thrown something into the kennel and both her mum and dad had eaten it. The vet couldn't save the mother and she was PTS. The father was PTS after I had Loki 2 weeks. Both husband and wife came to see Loki when I first told them about her taking the fits just before Loki was a year old - 2007 that was, in the January. Both of them said there was no epilepsy in Loki family tree. I had no reason to disbelieve them at the time.

Many thanks Westie N for your kind comments. Just as I was writing this response, Loki took another fit just as I was typing this - that is 5 she has had since 4 pm today. Her meds are due at 10 pm when she gets 3 Phenobarbs.

Take care.

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
sorry to hear this, please give loki a big hug from us.
I will give her your hugs and many thanks Brundog.

Originally Posted by Spookle View Post
Big hugs to you both

I truely hope things get better for you both, when i was younger and still at home we had a dog that had fits and it breaks your heart to watch them happen xx
Many thanks Spookle for your hugs and Loki says thank you as well She is just after another one, her weight will be going up with all the ice cream she has had!! It does break me up to see her in these horrid fits.

Again, thank you - I appreciate your comments

You are right, Eunice, I did respond to Borderdawn's question. I think what has happened is that because Loki went into a fit when I was in the middle of responding, the other responses crossed with my response, if you know what I mean. Many thanks for responding.

Take care and I appreciate your concern as well.

Hi Eunice,

Hello Westie N - I think what happened is my response was interuppted - just as these responses were - by Loki taking another fit. She has now had 5 in total. They are a curse to say the least. I am just after giving her her 3 Phenobarbs and the wee soul opened her mouth as she always does for me to pop them down her throat and then took her water.

Sorry for the confusion I seem to have caused!!

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Sending some gentle hugs to you both. Such a beautiful girl. It must be so very hard.
Many thanks Fudgeley and I appreciate the hugs for both Loki and I. It is indeed hard and being on my own I find it of great help to be able to come here post it up here.

Again, everyone, many thanks again.

Take care.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Thinking of you and Loki xxxx
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I can't imagine how heart breaking it is. hope Loki Improves and the Fits Lessen xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Many thanks Westie N and I think I posted my other responses at about the same time you posted and I missed yours and the others. My apologies. Loki took another fit whilst I was responding, so that is what took me so long to answer!! I think Eunice has kindly mentioned that I had responded to Borderdawn's question about my knowing who bred Loki. As you now obviously know, I do know who bred her. I think I mentioned in a past post a long time ago about Loki's parents having been PTS. The mother was PTS before I got Loki and I was told it was because someone had thrown something into the kennel and both her mum and dad had eaten it. The vet couldn't save the mother and she was PTS. The father was PTS after I had Loki 2 weeks. Both husband and wife came to see Loki when I first told them about her taking the fits just before Loki was a year old - 2007 that was, in the January. Both of them said there was no epilepsy in Loki family tree. I had no reason to disbelieve them at the time.

Many thanks Westie N for your kind comments. Just as I was writing this response, Loki took another fit just as I was typing this - that is 5 she has had since 4 pm today. Her meds are due at 10 pm when she gets 3 Phenobarbs.

Hello Westie N - I think what happened is my response was interuppted - just as these responses were - by Loki taking another fit. She has now had 5 in total. They are a curse to say the least. I am just after giving her her 3 Phenobarbs and the wee soul opened her mouth as she always does for me to pop them down her throat and then took her water.

Sorry for the confusion I seem to have caused

Not a problem Rose, I think I was the one who got most confused! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain Lokis background, considering your situation at the moment. I had no idea. How sad.

Not more fits, they are a dreaded curse! I really feel so sorry for you and Loki, I really do. I expect it will be a worrying night for you. Please, take good care of both of you, I hope this is the last of the fits for tonight.
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »