Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Poor Yiannis, hopefully he starts to feel better soon. x

As for the scum who did this, whatever you do dont get into trouble hun........Oscar and the dogs need you. Report it to the police, tell them you are feeling threatened by their behaviour. Get an incident number so you know it is logged.

Is it possible to stop using the dog flap so you are always with the dog in the garden with them?

I would be the same and want to hit them on the back of the head with a spade but they are not worth it.

Huge Hugs x
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Hope your dog is ok.
If the gate hadn't been bolted I thought maybe a strong gust of wind had slammed it shut over the top of him. Not possible if it was bolted shut though.
Some people are evil!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Poor Yiannis, hopefully he starts to feel better soon. x

As for the scum who did this, whatever you do dont get into trouble hun........Oscar and the dogs need you. Report it to the police, tell them you are feeling threatened by their behaviour. Get an incident number so you know it is logged.

Is it possible to stop using the dog flap so you are always with the dog in the garden with them?

I would be the same and want to hit them on the back of the head with a spade but they are not worth it.Huge Hugs x
Thing is, I wouldn't want to damage the spade!

Originally Posted by bint View Post
Hope your dog is ok.
If the gate hadn't been bolted I thought maybe a strong gust of wind had slammed it shut over the top of him. Not possible if it was bolted shut though.
Some people are evil!
That's what I mean. Aside fromt he fact there was no wind here last night, for the other dogs to have hurt him (and I know they just wouldn't) they must have fabulous dexterity in those big clumpy paws they have. it could ONLY have been done by someone intending to hurt at least one of the dogs - and they went fo rthe smallest and weakest.

Shame they didn't try it on Ellie. She'd have happily defended herself and easily put someone in hospital!

Oooh - that's a thought - I may contac the local hospitals to see if anyone from this area has been seen with dog bites!

Laura xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Ring the police and insist smeone comes out, get a report and a crime number. Also the rspca and maybe the local press.

Hope he feels better soon.

Can you put any kind of double gate up so it can't happen again?

rune
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I agree with what has already being said. Maybe don't let them go out at night without you. Contact the police, RSPCA and any other dept's that have had contact with you, so it can all be documented or write them a let and make sure you have copies. I would maybe be cautious on telling all the neighbours as if it gets back to them it can encourage their phone calls and now dangerous behaviour, people like this have no regard for others, let alone animals. I would also get a copy of the vet report to the above dept's. Keep a diary on what is happening as it can be used as a legal document if anything untoward happen. By the way the damage to the spade might be worthit people like that should hide under rocks and stay there
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:18 AM
How can people be so cruel? This is horrendous. I can't believe you have to deal with so many complaints. Fair play to you for sticking to your guns!!!

Gentle hugs to Yiannis poor poor boy xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Poor Yiannis, I hope he recovers quickly. What are the wounds - are they dog bites?

I can see that your run-ins with your neighbours can make you upset and suspicious, but I can't help thinking that somehow it has been self-inflicted by Yiannis.

You have 4 guard-type breeds on their own property at night (when you have already said that at night they bark when people are at the door) yet someone manages to open the back gate, get hold of Yiannis and somehow trap his head under the gate... but the only dog to make a noise is Yiannis once he is actually trapped?

To me, although I could not say how the gate went from bolted open to bolted closed, it just sounds far more likely that the poor lad has managed to get himself stuck.

I'd just be very careful about plotting revenge on your neighbours in case they really are innocent.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh Laura how horrible poor Yannis ..
I would make sure you write down all the details and time of the incident.
I would guess he is in shock and I would keep him nice and warm until you can get to the vets.

Some of the wounds look like bruising, it is hard to tell from pictures but would guess he has been beaten with something and stabbed.

Hope he will be ok and not to traumatised by the incident.
You must be shocked too...hugs to both xx

PS just noticed the time of your post, could he have disturbed an intruder?
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 08:47 AM
That is terrible to hear of such a thing, i hope Yannis makes a full recovery and that your neighbour is prosecuted for animal cruelty and made to pay for your vet bill, hugs and licks for Yannis hope he feels better very soon.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 09:24 AM
OMG poor Yiannis....he is the most favourite of mine Im afraid out of your dogs xx

What were your other dogs doing, I am surprised that anyone got close enough to grab Yiannis, stab him a number of times and then put his head under a gate without your other two come flying out and having them

Ours is a semi detached and we have a passage way between the houses leading to our back gate, but I would honestly defy anyone trying to walk up there without all three of mine kicking off big time.
These know our neighbours well, but they still bark if they walk up the side of the house.

As for the dogs safety wouldn't it be advisable to shut the door at night or when your not in, rather than letting them free to endour dangers like this. I have to say I shut and lock my back door at night or if I am out, leaving the dogs the run of the house.

If your sure it is your neighbour and they can get on your property without your dogs protecting it, I would also be worried about Oscars safety as you say if this was also a attempted burglary....wow I wouldn;t like to think my dogs would just let someone on my property, doesn't bare thinking about

I would of rang the Police straight away, never mind leaving it till today, and I am sorry but I know you said the Vet asked a boat load of questions, but as that wound on Yiannis's neck was as you say so deep, and that he has been stabbed by his privates I would of insisted a vet saw him there and then.

Didn't you hear anything whilst you were upstairs, I just can not imagin how anyone could do this without you or the dogs getting there before they had done the dirty deed and managed to leave.

How awful for poor Yiannis
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »