View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks Fernsmum and Becky...I am worried sick.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Thanks guys. I've checked her symptoms online and I can't see (touching everyhting wooden) that it is parvo. I wonder if they have seen similar cases though with him asking about the cough. He said she would be hospitalised for 24 to 48 hours on a drip...so yes the dehydration must be a concern. Bless her, like she' s not been through enough )
I have no idea where she would have picked anything up though...it started on Friday before I took her for her first walk since her op...so I am guessing she may have picked it up in the vets on Tuesday????
Sigh.

So worried.
please dont drive yourself crazy trying to work out where she got it,unless it is confirmed parvo you may never know the treatment is still the same.h g.e can be contagious so id watch your other dogs carefully(if you have other dogs?)dont mean to alarm you just trying to help.x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
No I am watching them already. Biff has been sick (but he is a sicky dog so not sure if it means anything to be honest) and Cosmo is quieter than usual...so am watching him. He's not going out today either incase we do have an infectious lurgy as I don't want to spread it through the neighbourhood.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Tango was spayed onTuesday. She was doing really well, then on Friday she started to poo a lot and it wasn't properly formed.
She had a check up yesterday (stitches all fine at least) and the vet said to just stop the metacam (she hadn't had any yesterday any way).
Yesterday the diarhea started...but wasn't too bad, although it did have a little blood in it. Since she'd seen the vet I didn't worry too much. She had chicken and rice for tea, one more bout of the runs at 6ish then was fine til 5 this morning when she asked to go out. Cue a poo...quite formed, but slimey (sorry) and she was quite quiet.
I went back to bed.
At 6.30 she vomited up her tea...she had vomited 4 times by 8.30 and was becoming dull. She had another lot of the runs.By 9.15 when OH came in, she didn't even get up to say hi.
I went out...and by the time I came back he was at the emergency vet (I had called and takne their only appt at 3pm before leaving). After I left, apparently she had a severe bout of bloody dire rear...and vomited again. Her vomit smells of rotten egg. The vet thankfully clled to say they had a 10.30 just as OH was picking up the phone to say she needed to go right in. She has also developed a bit of a cough.

The vet asked oH if she was immunised (she was done whilst in rescue) and if she had a cough...so I am thinking he has an idea of what this is?? I immediately thought of parvo but perhaps it is one of the other diseases immunised against?
Any ideas?
He says he will update us tomorrow when we see him with Biff (I don't even want to go there so don't ask ). Biff threw up an hour ago so I am hoping he hasn't picked something up....

I am exhausted and worried sick.
Any thoughts as to what it could be??????
Giardia can cause bllod but not usually, but it does have that distinctive rotten egg smell.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I did wonder about giardia, given she has always been kennelled...I wondered if giardia could have flaired up as her immune system will be down after her op, she may have been carrying it? She really is properly poorly though bless her...not sure giardia can get that bad?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Tango and hope it isn't Parvo. Could it be a touch of food poisoning from the chicken? I wouldn't really know. I just hope that everything will be much better for Tango and hope too Biff will not going down with the same.

Healing thoughts to Tango and will say a wee prayer for him and for Biff as well.

Thinking of you - it is such a worry when our beloved pets are ill. Tango is in the right place and you and your O/H did well in getting Tango there so quickly.

Look forward to hearing how Tango is when you get updates.

Take care xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I am not even going to try and diagnose over the internet for you as it could be many things, your vet is the best to give a diagnosis.
I know its awful not being able to give something a good solid name to know what your dealing with, (I have been wanting a name for Milos problem for a couple of years or more now).
I just want you to know I am thinking of you and praying Tango soon gets on the mend and its nothing serious and that the others don't go down with it too.
(((hugs)))
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Whatever she has she is in the best place, they'll sort it out for her.

All our paws and fingers are crossed for her down here.

Take care
rune
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks. The chicken crossed my mind, but she was coming down with it before she had chicken...so it can't be that?
Such a worry.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
Giardia can cause bllod but not usually, but it does have that distinctive rotten egg smell.
the smell is the 'hge' the blood combined with the d+ causes it, thats why we often say it could be parvo as hge has a very distinctive odour
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »