Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Bald patch on belly

Ok Honey has a bold patch on her belly, thats quite large, its about the size of four of my fingers put together, and I have no idea why it would be there, it doesn't look sore, and the skin looks healthy and normal, and it doesn't seem to bothered by it, I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why she could of got it (longshot I know). Although tbh I don't know whether this could of been a ongoing thing, but I haven't noticed it before, although it is also near where the strap of her dog coat would be, and in the winter she wears that a lot

I will also take a photo of it to put on when I can find the cable to my camera so that you can see what I mean.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi

Both ours have a bald patch but Robbie's seems to be the biggest. Although I would say that it is on the widest part of his chest. It's just bare skin and looks normal. I think that most sighthounds have it as our first dog, Jack (a whippet) had one too.

Karen
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Hi

Both ours have a bald patch but Robbie's seems to be the biggest. Although I would say that it is on the widest part of his chest. It's just bare skin and looks normal. I think that most sighthounds have it as our first dog, Jack (a whippet) had one too.

Karen
Hi, thanks for the reply, its nice to know that she is kind of normal lol
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Kyiro my greyhound has a big bald patch on his belly too. I've often wondered about it and I'm glad to hear he is not alone.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 11:21 PM
My labrador has one too, much more prominant in summer when he has no winter coat. He also has bald armpits :/
I'm pretty sure it's normal
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
My labrador has one too, much more prominant in summer when he has no winter coat. He also has bald armpits :/
I'm pretty sure it's normal
I forgot about the armpits - Robbie's are quite bald too!