View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2011, 08:49 AM
You are all so wonderful and I thank you for listening to me. I had worried whether I was wrong to bring outside problems onto Dogsey but having hit Submit after I had typed my OP it was a bit late to have second thoughts, even though I could have deleted my post.

But that would have made me feel even more alone and you have all been so understanding and supportive and I am so grateful to you all.

It might sound strange but I can hold my own on political fora, as I can on those for discussion about religion, but when either I, my religion or where I live is dragged onto a thread on a general board for no reason whatsoever, it does distress me. I do not want to leave that forum as I have a lot of interest and some really good fun on ~75% of it. The other 25% is of no interest to me so I rarely even glance at it, and it is just on 1% where the trouble-makers abound.

But those few people do their best to make certain peoples' lives a misery, and of course I am a prime target for them. With the person who kicked it all off yesterday, she is still accusing me of being someone who used to post long before I had ever seen a computer let alone owned one.

So no. I am not going to leave - just do my utmost to totally ignore her and the other protagonists.

A great big Dogsey {{{huggle}}} to you all.

Malka & Pereg
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2011, 09:10 AM
That's the spirit pick yourself up regroup and bounce back you'll be stronger for it.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
You are all so wonderful and I thank you for listening to me. I had worried whether I was wrong to bring outside problems onto Dogsey but having hit Submit after I had typed my OP it was a bit late to have second thoughts, even though I could have deleted my post.

But that would have made me feel even more alone and you have all been so understanding and supportive and I am so grateful to you all.

It might sound strange but I can hold my own on political fora, as I can on those for discussion about religion, but when either I, my religion or where I live is dragged onto a thread on a general board for no reason whatsoever, it does distress me. I do not want to leave that forum as I have a lot of interest and some really good fun on ~75% of it. The other 25% is of no interest to me so I rarely even glance at it, and it is just on 1% where the trouble-makers abound.

But those few people do their best to make certain peoples' lives a misery, and of course I am a prime target for them. With the person who kicked it all off yesterday, she is still accusing me of being someone who used to post long before I had ever seen a computer let alone owned one.

So no. I am not going to leave - just do my utmost to totally ignore her and the other protagonists.

A great big Dogsey {{{huggle}}} to you all.

Malka & Pereg
what forum is it?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I would def stay off that forum. There are other avenues on the net to pass the time. Take care xXxxxx
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Hugs to you Malka, press the ignore button. I understand what the others have said about staying off that particular forum but if you enjoy generally i wouldn't let them scare you away, just don't get involved with anything to do with them x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
OK if you find 75% of the time it's a good forum for you then why should a minority force you to leave

But these people who have been so hirtful must have user names so when you see that name just don't open the thread, or if they have posted on a thread you're interested in then just skip over their entry.

I considered asking you what the web site was (but like all of us here) I really don't have the time, I log in to Dogsey and a few others for ten minutes a day and that's it.

Please come back on Dogsey from time to time and tell us about Pereg and how she is managing with her fits, and well done to you for taking such care of her.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Just remember GBS quote

“Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.”

And Albert Camus

Real nobility is based on scorn, courage, and profound indifference
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:40 PM
As has been said on here already, the IGNORE button is a wonderful thing.

Don't let them get you down, you are so much better than that. I can't stand bullies, and can sympathise. I was bullied and still can be to a certain extent. So don't you let em get to you!

Your dog is sooo cute btw and I love where you live.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I have had a good cry, actually triggered off by very stupidly tipping my manual chair over [my electric one was on charge] but it helped get all the angst out of my system.
I would rather not say which forum was concerned, suffice it to say that it was, of course, not Dogsey or any forum in any way connected to Dogsey, and I have kept well away from there so far today.

Pereg, bless her, has been as good as gold although she knew I was getting ready to take her out for a run [computer spectacles off and computer put into hibernation mode means "walkies" time] so was getting really excited and then falling put an end to that for the day, but I am sure she understood as she has been staying almost glued to me since then. She seems to know when I am not feeling too good and does her best to comfort me. At times I am not sure who is looking after who!

Anyhow all being well I will take her for a nice run tomorrow to make up for missing it today, and hopefully today will be another day with a tick at the end of it as being seizure-free.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Glad you came to Dogsey as there are so many understanding people on here. If ever you feel bad best place to be and don't ever worry about letting us know how you feel. I only use this forum - did use another one a while ago but couldn't take the nastiness - it is hurtful and makes you feel so awful even though you try to shrug it off. Hope you didn't hurt yourself falling out of your chair (silly thing to do )but glad Pereg is looking after you. Have a lovely walk tomorrow and keep smiling xx
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >