Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 09:34 AM

slimming pills

has anytaken taken or considerded taking these pills ..potions or patches (don't worry not me )

just wanted to know your views ? are the dangerous? do they work ?
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I tried some Boots ones - natural ingredients. Made no difference whatsoever!

I was watching what I was eating, lost nothing!

Before I tried them (3 months ago) I did loose half a stone in 2 weeks through more walking, drinking more water and eating less - as well as the weight loss I also had a week of visual migraines which I had never had before, and haven't (touch wood) had since.

I now eat better than I did and although i haven't lost anymore weight I haven't put any on.

They work for some people, not for me though.
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Must admit to using adios and kelp but although i did lose weight i was exercising 3 times a week and had cut down on my food aswell so i personally think its all a placebo.

My friend who is a large girl has used prescription slimming pills and yeh she lost weight but had chronic Diarrhea and gave the tablets to her mom (stupid i know) and then put all the weight back on.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Apparently kep helps with your metabolism. I'm not sure whether this is medically proven or not though. Be interesting to find out. Plants have wonderful effects!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:06 AM
I've tried those Adios and i also bought some slimming pills from home and bargain...but neither worked I did lose a stone in weight by just having 2 slim fast shakes and loads of fruit a day
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Some info on kelp HERE.

Not read through it all myself yet though!

One of the main therapeutic uses of Fucus vesiculosus is for thyroid conditions such as hypothyroidism and goiter. Partly due to its high iodine content, this kind of kelp assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which help regulate the thyroid gland. People who don't eat dairy products, seafood, and salt may develop an iodine deficiency, which may result in low thyroid function. Kelp is a good source of iodine for those who may be deficient.

Thyroid hormones are also necessary to maintain a normal metabolism. Fucus vesiculosus helps boost metabolism, which helps to sustain normal weight (especially in people who are overweight because of a thyroid condition).
Maybe some truth in it?? Get out the seaweed!!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I would never personnally use shortcut tablets. You just don't know whats in them.
You can't beat good old healthy eating & exercise!

They may work for some & not others!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Personally I think all these slimming products are a waste of money and at the best offer a temporary solution..If they really worked there would be a lot fewer overweight people

The sad truth is there are no quick ways to lose weight, the answer is eating a good balanced diet in amounts to suite your requirements and these are dependant on age/lifestyle/and exercise taken
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 11:44 AM
I have not tried 'diet pills' as such but I tried a 'herbal aid to slimming' pill. All natural stuff in it and no bad side effects but I dont think it did anything either. I ate sensibly and took them but didnt loose any weight.

I have been given a weight loss 3 day diet from an obese friend of mine. She needed to have an op but was too overweight (too much strain on her heart or something) so the hospital made her follow this 3 day diet and apparently she lost enough weight to make the op safe very quickly. I dont know how much she actually lost though and i would say she is still obese so i guess she didnt stay on the diet.

I think they say you could loose up to 10lbs or something in three days on this diet. Obviously that is a lot of weight in a very short time so i think its only for drastic situations and not a suggested 'diet'. However i am considering trying it (just for the 3 days) as it doesnt look like rocket science and just to see how much i lose in 3 days. I think they also say that you diet for 3 days then eat normally (sensible though) for 4 days. But you mustn't over eat i.e only eat until you are satisfied but not stuffed. It also includes drinking loads of water and from what i can see, just healthy food. It also includes a little sweetness in some vanilla ice cream every night with dinner

If anyone else in interested in trying it let me know. Perhaps i should post it on here and we should get a group of us to do the 3 day diet together?? Plenty of moral support then!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by sambo

My friend who is a large girl has used prescription slimming pills and yeh she lost weight but had chronic Diarrhea and gave the tablets to her mom (stupid i know) and then put all the weight back on.
Yes, i forgot i've also been on these tablets....there called oralstat

They help you to lose weight because if you eat any fatty foods it comes out the other end, there used to control what you eat
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >