Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2010, 04:40 PM

Simply for being a staffy

How many vets get dogs in to be PTS for no reason ???.
I just seen a rescue staff whose owners wanted her pts for being a staffy Look at the advert ..

Misty is an absolutely smashing 3 year old blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier girl. She was brought to our attention after a phone call from a concerned vet who was asked to put her to sleep simply for being a Staffy. You see thanks to all the bad press, Misty’s owner was worried that one day she would turn into a ‘savage’ dog. Despite having owned Misty from a pup and never experiencing any aggression from her what so ever.

Horrible people ....
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:44 PM
That is crazy! In our local rescue there have been dogs took to rescues just because they dont match the furniture, because their new bf doesnt like dogs. But I've never heard the staffy excuse...how ridiculous!!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:44 PM
That's shocking and oh so sad. Glad she's been saved though, bless her she has no idea how close she came.
Are vets obliged to pts any animal asked, or can they refuse and intervene? (i.e. has he had to sneak this dog away from the needle)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
That's shocking and oh so sad. Glad she's been saved though, bless her she has no idea how close she came.
Are vets obliged to pts any animal asked, or can they refuse and intervene? (i.e. has he had to sneak this dog away from the needle)
They can intervene, Vets wont put a dog to sleep unless there is a medical or severe behavioural problem that can in no other way be changed.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Makes me so cross that staffies have this reputation as they are usually very nice tempered dogs. My staffie x was obtained from Dogs Trust 10 years ago and she is gorgeous, so sweet and loving.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Am just shaking my head, it's so sad Hope the dog finds a good home soon and am glad is safe.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:12 PM
horrible people? i disagree with this its a shame people are influenced by the bad press but this is what happens. fear can do a lot to people
ATD x
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2010, 05:13 PM
sadly the staffy does not have the image of being a dangerous dog it is the prats who own them (not all).
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
They can intervene, Vets wont put a dog to sleep unless there is a medical or severe behavioural problem that can in no other way be changed.
Sadly this is not the case . They can and do put dogs to sleep because it is what the owner wants .
Most vets do try to save the dog by offering to find the dog a home .
If the owners insist that the dog be PTS some vets will do this rather than risk the dog being killed by illegal means .
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2010, 06:28 PM
This is so sad.
Some people will believe everything they read in the papers, surely they knew their gorgeous girl wouldnt become 'savage'.
Such a shame.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >