Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-02-2010, 09:18 PM

Russell Fox Terrier x JRT, DOB Feb 09

Russell Fox Terrier x JRT, DOB Feb 09

His Story: Russell was bought as a pup, in with toddlers another bitch pup living in a high rise. He wasn't exercised sufficiently and proved too excitable, barking as a consequence. We homed him 4 months ago with an active dog centred family with children and a Spaniel. He has done really well, but the Spaniel is finding his terrierism a little too in his face. Also Russell has no sense of connectiveness when out so on an extender lead he is pulling to be with the Spaniel who is off lead.

Salient Points: Russell is just coming up to 1 year old. Needs a secure panel fenced garden in which to enjoy games and 'fetch' without distractions further afield. Requires further training to build on recent foundation of skills. Could live with older children providing exit management maintained.

Advert: Russell is a Fox Terrier x Jack Russell. He is spirited and young. Having had a restricted start he is now faced with great scope and just not yet able to understand the concept of self-limitation. he gets on with his companion dog, but his energy is rather rough and full on which has meant the sensitive Spaniel becomes shy. Living in a rural setting he needs to be trusted off lead to join his canine companion, but becomes over whelmed; 'whoopee off I go!!!! So currently little connectiveness with his pack. Russell needs a secure garden to spend his energy without the temptation to 'explore further!' He needs a companion dog who has similar energy levels so he can play and engage without frightening the other. He hasn't had a clash, but his 'full on' energy is coming across as the bully.

Russell continues to be a young dog with lots of 'fun' energy to expend. He needs a focused family who can ensure this energy is explored, contained and he remains safe ... so exit management as in a terrier home and an active life-style to tone down and hone in his puppy energy and bring it under constructive occupation. Russell has done really well, has a super temperament and is loved by his current family - he is just proving too "much" to take advantage of their current life style on offer.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
An update from one of our walkers ...

"Wow!! Little Russell with BIG amounts of energy! He is such a sweetie, was so keen to go out, pulled the whole way, although as someone else said I'm sure with more guaranteed walks every day he would settle, ran with us, jumped through every muddy puddle you could see and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it all!

It was so hard to get a pic of him standing still but we did manage in the kennel after drying him off. He is lovely and sweet, walked really well with Cassie and Starsky and I'm very sure will make someone very happy soon, he looked really cute in his little harness too"!

Russell is still looking for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-04-2010, 09:06 PM
A quote from Rigsby (one of our volunteer walkers):

“Russell romped in the mud, roll in a swamp, flitted about like a fly trapped in a bottle and was desperate for more fun. He is a very endearing boy, but needs some lead training”!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-04-2010, 09:01 PM
A couple of photos of Russell from last week:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Lynne chose to spend some 'downtime' with Russell today and fell in love all over again ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Some photos of Russell (BB for short aka Basil Brush!) doing what he seems to love doing best - wading in the mud. Just look at the smile on his little face!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-05-2010, 09:13 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“Russell was in a big hurry to go somewhere today- he just runs and runs. I did manage to get him to stop while I gave him a bit of fuss today though - the first time I've managed to do this. When he's burned his excess energy off, he's a real softie.

All he needs is a secure garden where he can run to his little heart's content and a family with an active lifestyle -he's only young and has been in kennels waiting for too long.

We've noticed that he 'flops' when we get back to the kennels and today I managed to get a photo of him flopping outside the kitchen door” ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-05-2010, 08:07 PM
An update from Lynne on Russell:

“Russell was on fine form today. He jumped in my car and off we flew ... parked in the shade and then shared lunch together, with lots of cuddles. He has very good manners around food. We then fitted him with a new collar and a harness and had a long walk in the wood at the end of his extender running around with glee but than moments of quiet. His recall is better then I would have expected. Lots of sitting in the shade when he got uptight re. the army rounds firing in the distance. We were just turning for home when we met Archie (GSD X also available for homing), Janet and Kate. So we let Archie and Russell settle with one another and had a very pleasant walk. Russell dunked himself in a pond ... such joy. He was hosed down on return to the kennels.

Such a softy, very sweet core nature. Hardly barked at all today only briefly on leaving his kennel; when I left the car and on commencement of his walk. Just excitement, but with no associated loss of control. Sweet puppy dog who deserves an active home whose lives centre around his needs. He has lovely dog skills also. Those ears”!!!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Some more photos of Russell coolling off yesterday!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 03:43 PM
An update by Gemma:

Russell amazed me today, after about a minute of running, barking and being very 'Russell' he actually quietened down, walked normally and even cuddled Laura for a couple of pics! And he is such a nice little dog like that!!

Russell is available for foster until his forever home comes along.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >