Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-01-2010, 09:18 PM
An update from Musky’s foster home:

“Musky is beginning to settle more and has had a few quick plays with the girls. He is definitely in charge and Levi is struggling with that a bit. He is still guarding food from the others but I hope that will settle once he reaches a stable weight. In a week he has gone from 32kg to 35kg He looks a lot better for it though and is still very slightly underweight but that may be his natural state and normal for him. I've never had a Greyhound who would overeat but he may prove me wrong. He has been in several different homes before rescue so may possibly have developed food issues there.

He does share with the others from a plate of non-dinner if I hold it so it is not a major issue at all. Also I can feed them all treats one by one.

He is such a good boy and hops in the crate when it I tell him to. I feed him separately in there while mine eat in the kitchen in peace. He has also started adding items to the crate: mainly my trainers, but also a bread wrapper and an extra dog bed! He doesn't chew anything he shouldn't though.

When I went to walk the kennel dogs on Friday I was out a good few hours and all was peaceful when I got home. Obviously I don't know how he would be if left alone.

He is certainly a confident boy - stairs even open ones don't bother him at all and he is the first greyhound who has got onto our very large compost heap - all the foster Taffies did but that is to be expected “!

This is the heap:

Considering climbing up:

On his way:

Up:
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-01-2010, 03:24 PM
An update from Musky's foster home:

"We have been a bit quiet posting about Musky because he just fits into your life so easily! Have to remember we have a new family member.

Unusually for a greyhound he likes to play ball but of course by his rules so only sometimes could it be called fetch! He definitely could be encouraged in this and would enjoy proper play sessions. He is a bouncy boy when he is excited or pleased, but with another 3 dogs in the house he doesn't get as much attention as we would like. He has had a few good plays with Mille our deaf greyhound. With another girlie to play with he would be happy and cheerful I am sure. Over time he and Levi would settle down and it is improving all the time as they get to know each other.

He has built up form being skinny for a greyhound to a reasonable weight now. This has meant he is happier eating around the other dogs now he isn't so ravenous.

Housetrained, quiet, easy on the lead, Likes his sleep, but likes his play as well - an adaptable boy.

Musky is still looking for his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Cathy & I both fought to walk Musky yesterday! He was an absolute pleasure to walk and didn't pull once. He seemed to responded immediately to everything you asked of him. Very handsome and gentle. Understand he is going back into foster with Alison and her famiily tomorrow - we are green with envy! Beautiful dog...

[img]http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/718331/20.02.2010+017.JPG[/img

Musky with Cathy ...

honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I LOVE this dog!!
Would he be impossible to train to live with cats? Has he ever been tried with any furries?
I am guessing he has a VERY high chase instinct then.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
He is such a handsome greyhound, lovely long legs he has - i hope he found his forever home
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Sadly no, he is still waiting!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
OMG i can't believe that, i would have him in a heartbeat if my OH would let me, i already have 2. Im surprised people don't fall head over heels when they see him. I think a lot of people have the wrong impression of greys, like them needing lots of exercise for instance, the public need educating big time.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 03:04 PM
I love him too, but with indoor bunnies, I doubt he would be suitable to come to us... I bet he would love my gang and they would love him!! Fingers crossed for him xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes, Greyhoundk is right, many people think greyhounds need a lot of exercise. The truth is that they sleep and chill our for about 23 hours a day LOL!

They are one of the easiest breed of dogs to live with.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Lynne walked Musky today down at the kennels ...

"Musky was my first choice today..he ran like the wind and when I got the video ready that was that he just stood around wanting love..so stills will have to serve..dont know how I would have caught him whizzing by anyway! Meets people really well and shows such love to strangers".

Musky is still looking for a foster or forever home!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >